Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but in the last decade we haven’t generally been as bad as we currently are. As you say we’re crap, in a relegation battle and can’t score, so I don’t tend to expect those types of teams to take points off the elites.
? think your confusing me with someone else.
What I said was our form this season and going back 15 games is concerning for me and we need to win / score more.

Continuing as we are over these last 15 games equates to 45 points over a season. It would appear that is satisfactory for some, personally I’d prefer a few more.

Should also add form and performance are not the same, the former can be bad despite the latter being good.

Last edited:

I reckon we will still still be in the mix. Mostly due to there being no real stand out terrible sides in the league and anyone of 7/8 sides could be in it.

Our lack of goals means that every game is going to be a grind. Hopefully we get the first win out of the way soon - feel that west ham home game will be huge.

Could really have won/drawn every game this season which would put a different shine on it. Being 16th and winless is harsh when we are playing well as we will ultimately hit a bad patch of form at some point.

I reckon we will still still be in the mix. Mostly due to there being no real stand out terrible sides in the league and anyone of 7/8 sides could be in it.

Our lack of goals means that every game is going to be a grind. Hopefully we get the first win out of the way soon - feel that west ham home game will be huge.

Could really have won/drawn every game this season which would put a different shine on it. Being 16th and winless is harsh when we are playing well as we will ultimately hit a bad patch of form at some point.
Was think about this yesterday watching match of the day. I still think we'll be alright, based on the improvements in our team, but really doesn't look there will be any whipping boys this year. Couldn't pick who would be related at this point with any confidence, and would probably lazily just go for the three promoted teams. Saying that though, I would think that Forest will get their act together at some point, as they have a good manager and 8 teams worth of players. Fulham are getting results too. Even though they won yesterday, I'm probably most confident of Bournemouth finding it difficult.
Going to be a tough year though, and could see some surprises like Leicester or West Ham struggling

Was think about this yesterday watching match of the day. I still think we'll be alright, based on the improvements in our team, but really doesn't look there will be any whipping boys this year. Couldn't pick who would be related at this point with any confidence, and would probably lazily just go for the three promoted teams. Saying that though, I would think that Forest will get their act together at some point, as they have a good manager and 8 teams worth of players. Fulham are getting results too. Even though they won yesterday, I'm probably most confident of Bournemouth finding it difficult.
Going to be a tough year though, and could see some surprises like Leicester or West Ham struggling

There are some promising signs for us but our ability to remove ourselves from this will be whether DCL can return and play at the level from a couple of seasons ago. I think our fixture list is actually quite unkind. The only home banker we have had was Forest. The other 2 home games being Chelsea and RS and the next 2 are West Ham and United who are top half teams on paper. So I think we will be right down there at the World Cup break. Hoping though we should have a strong finish using the same logic

Need to start winning the games that you’d look at as easier fixtures which was our big problem last season. So far, losing against a crap Villa and not beating Forest at home were bad results for us but you can see how much better the team has played in the last two games now and we should have what it takes to win in these kind of fixtures now going forward.

I hate the transfer window going on so long, I wish those Villa and Forest games had been away at Man City or similar to get those fixtures out the way where even in top form we’ll likely lose because if we played Villa away and Forest at home right now - we’re taking at least 4 points imo

Bookies always win though.
Exactly - they’ve won because the general public have lumped on us going down as well as Bournemouth and Forest.

Give it a few more months and they’ll be lumping on Villa or Leicester, whoever’s bad form continues the most and so on.

Last year people chucked money on Arsenal going down after the first few matches.

The bookies always win because people are stupid and judge seasons on a handful of games. As much as I hope it happens, I don’t think Brighton will finish above the RS like they are sitting right now…

Status
Not open for further replies.