Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Forest game is already definitive for Dyche. Win that and he has 3 wins from 6 - a 50% win rate. That's survival form for sure. Lose it and Forest are safe. Small sample size, but big games in those 6. To have any chance, I feel we need to be on 3 wins from 6 by the end of the weekend.

When did a team last go down on goal difference ?
07/08, when Reading went down in 18th and Fulham finished 17th, mainly thanks to having the nerve to come from 2-0 down against Man City to win 3-2. Something which still narks Reading supporters today and I wanted them to stay up after the season they had previous.

07/08, when Reading went down in 18th and Fulham finished 17th, mainly thanks to having the nerve to come from 2-0 down against Man City to win 3-2. Something which still narks Reading supporters today and I wanted them to stay up after the season they had previous.
OK. So 15 years . It's highly unlikely so to determine who goes or stays.
Points are what counts.

Points are what counts.
Just to add, Fulham got 36 points with a -22 GD to Reading's -25 and only won 8 games, while Reading won 10, the total these days 17th place on average gets.

Fulham drew with 11pts Derby twice, only one of two teams who failed to beat them with the Barcodes being the other.

Points are what counts.
Points are what counts but goals are generally critical in getting enough points to survive. The lowest scoring team will end up relegated. Mathematically you could have 38 scoreless draws and survive. No one does that. Not sure any team has survived with less than 30 goals in the Premier League. It is too hard to get the points you need without goals. This team is near death because it can't score.

We’ve got a championship squad, so we’ll be relegated. No team can score as few goals as us, have as little quality as us, and stay up.

Huge job rebuilding in the summer when half the squad will leave. There’s very few I’m arsed about staying.
Agreed. I don't think that this squad would be challenging for automatic promotion either. We'd be looking at trying to grab a placeoff spot at best.

Those who are trying to be positive saying stuff like ‘We need to be relegated, it will be a reset, it will do us good’. Relegation will kill this club once and for all. We will have to completely revamp the squad to make it compliant with the championship. Even if we do get promoted we are starting from behind as a newly promoted club, meaning our goal for the next 5 seasons after that is mere survival. Go down now and we are Norwich, a yo-yo club at best who will have adventures into the premier league every 2 or 3 seasons. Newcastle doesn’t happen to everyone.
I dare say most of those saying it will do us good are trying to soften the blow of relegation. I want to us fold so I can enjoy football for football's sake again.

But I don't really. I, like every other Everton fan, want us to be successful but as that's clearly not an option, we're all dealing with our demise in our own way.

FWIW I think we'll either be lucky and bounce back at the first attempt and then stay here for a prolonged period or, more likely, well stagnate down there for years. I don't see a yo-yo scenario at all

Status
Not open for further replies.