Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right about clarifying what we need to do.

But if Leicester are 10-0 up + we're winning 2-1 in 87th min, it would be good to know we could draw + still stay up.

Last night's result takes that off the table.
Yes it’s a shame we’ve lost that extra layer of insurance, but as many have said in this thread, if we can’t beat an on holiday Bournemouth at home when our lives depend on it then we don’t deserve to stay up.

IMG_5030.jpeg

Brilliant! I managed to give my ticket away for Sunday and so won't have to go. It will be a unique experience for me if I log on to GOT while a game is going on. It must be terrible or do some enjoy it? I may skip it altogether and switch on a news channel after fuĺl time. Then quickly switch off again until news of a take over hits the headlines.
The thread moves fast so it's largely a venting space, apart from a few who weirdly get joy from their club and fellow supporters suffering so they can act dead not arsed online. These guys will be at the very least in their 40s

As we all know the tactics are completely different for shutting up shop and playing on the counter away from home as they are to having to take the game on open up and win at home.

That’s the position Leeds and Leicester are in now, they both wasted their chances to do what we did at Brighton and take pole position. Leicester cowardly so, Leeds just incompetently so.

They’ve now left themselves having to beat two of the better counterattacking teams in the league at home. They can’t afford to sit back, both of them have to come out and play and as we’ve seen when they do that they normally concede a lot.

It’s not a comfortable position for us by any stretch but you wouldn’t swap it for either of their positions. Imagine this place if w head to go into the final fixture needing to beat Spurs or West Ham at home, knowing that Leicester had Bournemouth at home and a win would mean your game didn’t matter anyway. The majority on here would have us relegated already.

Moyes isn't an idiot. He knows those 'A-team players' he rested need a compettive game before the final...and he wont want to sign off on a defeat going into it.
2008-2009 season

our final game was away to fulham, we won 2-0. This was 6 days before the FA Cup final v Chelsea

this is the team we played against fulham

Saha - started the fa cup final
Cahill - started the fa cup final
Pienaar - started the fa cup final
Osman - started the fa cup final
Rodwell
Neville - started the fa cup final
Baines - started the fa cup final
Lescott - started the fa cup final
Yobo - started the fa cup final
Hibbert - started the fa cup final
Howard - started the fa cup final

he played our strongest team in the last game v fulham bar Fellaini

no way will it be a weak west ham side v Leicester

As we all know the tactics are completely different for shutting up shop and playing on the counter away from home as they are to having to take the game on open up and win at home.

That’s the position Leeds and Leicester are in now, they both wasted their chances to do what we did at Brighton and take pole position. Leicester cowardly so, Leeds just incompetently so.

They’ve now left themselves having to beat two of the better counterattacking teams in the league at home. They can’t afford to sit back, both of them have to come out and play and as we’ve seen when they do that they normally concede a lot.

It’s not a comfortable position for us by any stretch but you wouldn’t swap it for either of their positions. Imagine this place if w head to go into the final fixture needing to beat Spurs or West Ham at home, knowing that Leicester had Bournemouth at home and a win would mean your game didn’t matter anyway. The majority on here would have us relegated already.
I like that take mate. It makes good sense. We're all down there for a reason and on paper we've got the easier game by far.

Feel for you both. I live in NZ and often work in Tanzania off-grid. Many a nervous moment getting reception for the first time.
Actually in Merseyside for the first time in ages and leave for NZ the day after but still can’t get a ticket for Sunday….
Oh I remember the times walking up and down at some campsite in Malawi or Uganda, trying to reach the office wifi or just the good old World Service.

Not saying I want this, but at least it would keep the idiots off the pitch.

A pitch invasion whatever happens Sunday is a bit small time imo. I could understand it last season due to the euphoria of coming down from being 0-2 v Palace and also a night game which plays a part but just do a quick cheer at full time and then direct all ire at Moshiri, Kenwright and co and let them know exactly what they've done to this club before it's sold up.

2008-2009 season

our final game was away to fulham, we won 2-0. This was 6 days before the FA Cup final v Chelsea

this is the team we played against fulham

Saha - started the fa cup final
Cahill - started the fa cup final
Pienaar - started the fa cup final
Osman - started the fa cup final
Rodwell
Neville - started the fa cup final
Baines - started the fa cup final
Lescott - started the fa cup final
Yobo - started the fa cup final
Hibbert - started the fa cup final
Howard - started the fa cup final

he played our strongest team in the last game v fulham bar Fellaini

no way will it be a weak west ham side v Leicester
If only hibbert and osman had gotten injured

Oh I remember the times walking up and down at some campsite in Malawi or Uganda, trying to reach the office wifi or just the good old World Service.
Haha, also worked in Mukono, just outside Kampala with no internet. Ahh, those were the days….

You're right about clarifying what we need to do.

But if Leicester are 10-0 up + we're winning 2-1 in 87th min, it would be good to know we could draw + still stay up.

Last night's result takes that off the table.
It does take that one specific permutation (Leicester win, we draw) off the table but losing one permutation isn’t the end of the world. It certainly doesn’t make it as good a result as Leicester seemed to think it was.

To look at it another way, our result on Saturday has taken the draw off the table for either of them on Sunday so it has turned out to be an important point.

Is there no chance of Mykolenko or Godfrey being back?

Neither are great, but it will at least push McNeil forward.
That's what I've been wondering. And what about Coleman? Didn't they say his injury wasn't as bad as first thought?
You know Seamus would play his heart out for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.