Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to say it:

We cannot simply write off the City game and feel comfortable in doing that.

It's another opportunity to put points on the board. There are no guarantees for us in the Wolves and Bournemouth games. The fact that Leeds and Forest both failed to win today should take a little of the edge off the game, but not enough for us to "know our place" and throw up a white flag. We need to see a blood and thunder performance tomorrow because we are getting well beaten if the only criteria that counts tomorrow is ability.

Tomorrow is a total free hit.

The one priority is not to get absolutely battered. As long as we manage that Then we’re ok. And then, you never know, you just never know, I could see us getting something if they don’t score in the first 20 minutes

Really ? The point for Forest was crucial given their away form. They need only 1 more now imo.

I’ve seen enough from Leeds under Allardyce to think they can win one of the last 2 - Spurs and West Ham likely completely switched off as well
Not form us. If we win again then that'd be us ahead on GD if they just get one more point.

It's all about winning down there in this situation. A draw is handy but it's not really good enough.

Neither Leeds or Forest got what they'd hoped to get. Leeds are still in the bottom three and Forest know Arsenal will be too much of a handful next week and they'll be hoping Palace dont want to do it for Roy on the final day.

We just need Liverpool to turn up on Monday night and get a win there...if they do that then Leicester look dead given they'll have to then go to St James Park with Newcastle desperate for the win.

Yeah. Acceptable scores today.

We're ok so far before we get our three bites of the cherry.
Yeah, Palace won’t just capitulate at home, I’m convinced. Whilst I’ve always found it a little cringey, that little section of pseudo-ultras will be up for it on the last day. Be a decent atmosphere.

I'm going to say it:

We cannot simply write off the City game and feel comfortable in doing that.

It's another opportunity to put points on the board. There are no guarantees for us in the Wolves and Bournemouth games. The fact that Leeds and Forest both failed to win today should take a little of the edge off the game, but not enough for us to "know our place" and throw up a white flag. We need to see a blood and thunder performance tomorrow because we are getting well beaten if the only criteria that counts tomorrow is ability.
No game can be write off is 3 games to go we need every point got it right we need same again throwing everything at them

The value of the point Leeds got today will be revealed next week, win at West Ham and it’s a very good one for them.

I for one thought our point at Leicester was a missed opportunity , then you get them stuffed by Fulham and we get 3 points it looks a lot better.

Those 2 may have got a point many didnt expect, but the way Toon and defo Chelsea played, they could easily see it as 2 dropped as Newcasle and Chelsea were there for the taking

We always say that there's funny results in the run in...well that was set up today for 2 of them. It didn't happen and both Newcastle and Forest will know they didn't grasp a golden chance.

Overall yes. All being well, we go into the last 2 games NOT in the bottom 3. But this was supposed to be the game week where Leeds, Forest, Leicester and Everton all got zero points. 2 out of 2 already have got points, so it’s a worse start to the weekend than expected, in a glass half-full of urine sort of way.

I just look at that win against Brighton mate and it was massive. It instantly put the pressure on everyone else.

Leeds looking for an Allardyce bounce? 50% of his games have now gone and he's got 1 point to show for it.

Forest getting a point today is no real surprise if you watched that Chelsea side today, they've completely given up and are rudderless, absolutely rudderless. That could have been far FAR worse today.

Teams are going to pick up points and an unlikely win here and there, the main thing is that it is still in our own hands so let's look at tomorrow as an opportunity to create real daylight between ourselves and Leicester and Leeds and ensure Forest are far from out of it.

I get all the pressure, I feel it myself and unlikely results are going to happen so let's hope we get one of those unlikely wins tomorrow.

UTFT!!!

It's all about winning down there in this situation. A draw is handy but it's not really good enough.

Neither Leeds or Forest got what they'd hoped to get. Leeds are still in the bottom three and Forest know Arsenal will be too much of a handful next week and they'll be hoping Palace dont want to do it for Roy on the final day.

We just need Liverpool to turn up on Monday night and get a win there...if they do that then Leicester look dead given they'll have to then go to St James Park with Newcastle desperate for the win.

Yeah. Acceptable scores today.

We're ok so far before we get our three bites of the cherry.
The way I see it now. With so few games left, the odd draw for teams around us aren't the end of the world.

I think he was saying Forest would go down on 35, which I dont think they will

How I see it now:

Leeds

West Ham D
Spurs W

Leicester

Liverpool L
Newcastle L
West Ham W

Forest

Arse L
Palace D

Everton

City L
Wolves D
Bournemouth D

Relegated:

Southampton
Everton
Leicester

We have to win one of last 2 basically. not easy given our recrod.
Please show your working out

1683995577934.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.