Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all about winning down there in this situation. A draw is handy but it's not really good enough.

Neither Leeds or Forest got what they'd hoped to get. Leeds are still in the bottom three and Forest know Arsenal will be too much of a handful next week and they'll be hoping Palace dont want to do it for Roy on the final day.

We just need Liverpool to turn up on Monday night and get a win there...if they do that then Leicester look dead given they'll have to then go to St James Park with Newcastle desperate for the win.

Yeah. Acceptable scores today.

We're ok so far before we get our three bites of the cherry.
Yep to use a tennis analogy we have 3 match points but the first one is very difficult

Yeah, Palace won’t just capitulate at home, I’m convinced. Whilst I’ve always found it a little cringey, that little section of pseudo-ultras will be up for it on the last day. Be a decent atmosphere.
It'll be a case of everyone out there playing for Roy.

It'll be emotional for Palace fans waving the old feller off, and the players know what's expected from them....they could also finish ahead of Chelsea too...no minor consideration if you're Palace fan!

Last edited:

Two moments today were massive in the relegation fight: the Bamford penalty miss and at the Chelsea/Forest game an early second flick on header that Niakhate cant get over the line.

If either or both of those two had gone 2 up then this would be a different situation facing us right now.
Said it earlier during game, it could be the defining point of their season, the way Burnley missed their pen to go 2up at West Ham last season and drew that game 1-1

The value of the point Leeds got today will be revealed next week, win at West Ham and it’s a very good one for them.

I for one thought our point at Leicester was a missed opportunity , then you get them stuffed by Fulham and we get 3 points it looks a lot better.
True but would u have taken 4 from the both games

The way I see it now. With so few games left, the odd draw for teams around us aren't the end of the world.
Even if Leciester get a draw on Monday it wouldn't change much for us.

We'd then have Wolves and B'mouth. Others would have more difficult fixtures on paper.

Today the ideal was to see Forest and Leeds get no points. Next best was that neither won.

Tomorrow is a total free hit.

The one priority is not to get absolutely battered. As long as we manage that Then we’re ok. And then, you never know, you just never know, I could see us getting something if they don’t score in the first 20 minutes
No such thing as a free hit in 17th place with a 1 point advantage.

Actually not a fan of the free hit concept at any time. Why should we roll over for City tomorrow, makes them earn it

Even if Leciester get a draw on Monday it wouldn't change much for us.

We'd then have Wolves and B'mouth. Others would have more difficult fixtures on paper.

Today the ideal was to see Forest and Leeds get no points. Next best was that neither won.
It was critical neither won - especially Leeds.

Today was a day of fluctuating emotions, but we have settled in a place that is far more comfortable than where we were as Patrick Bamford stepped up to take his penalty.

Calvert Lewin getting a knock early tomorrow would be near disaster. Night and day what it looks like in final third with him up there and going to need a good hold up performance at Wolves given Craig Dawson will be on him at every opportunity.
I think we’d really have to screw up if we luck out with injuries and suspensions and still get relegated. We have so much to play for so the motivation will be there like it was for Brighton. I’d be really disappointed and shocked if we don’t take Wolves. Bournemouth too. Dom in particular opens up things drastically for us.

Tomorrow is about coming out if the game with confidence. Obviously a win or draw would be awesome. But fighting and putting a performance in defeat against probably the best team in Europe would be a good thing for the last two games
Agree i just hope the newcastle game is in the players heads and they want to pay us fans back. putting everything they have on the pitch just showing all the effort they have last two gamea

Status
Not open for further replies.