Homepage Update: Reflections on Koeman

Status
Not open for further replies.

catcherintherye

Player Valuation: £80m
koemanpoor-1155x540.jpg

A year or so has passed since Ronald Koeman was removed from his position at Everton. Given the whirlwind 12 months that have followed his departure it is perhaps only now that we are able to gain a reflection of his 15 months in charge of the club.

Full article: https://www.grandoldteam.com/2018/11/09/reflections-on-koeman/

I still don’t know what his footballing style was. Just seemed to grind through games with an inform Lukaku upfront. Some days 3 at the back, sometimes we pressed, sometimes we didn’t, sometimes 3 holding mids, sometimes a number 10, and that was before the horrific transfer window we had where he bought players with no thought of how they could play together or where they would play in the team.

I look at the players that were signed and the contracts given out during his period as a manger. I have to conclude that he was a very bad judge of a player and the club have been left with this around it's neck until they are sold or contracts expire.

Another part of me wonders how serious was he about managing our club after The Saints or was it a gravy train for him and he was looking at the pay packet.

Status
Not open for further replies.