Referees v Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that 2nd yellow for Jiminez last night was genuinely one of the worst decisions I’ve seen in years.

If a ref can’t understand that in a genuine eyes on the ball 50/50 that one player will inevitably get there a fraction of a split second behind the other, then they don’t understand football one bit.

????????????????????????
you would have a point if you are referring to referees all around the world, Premier league refs are the worst by an absolute mile and there hasn’t been a week of fixtures gone by for the last few seasons where there hasn‘t been shambolic decision making. You do realise these same refs are also in charge of VAR? Go and look up how many of the English refs were at the last few FIFA and UEFA Euro tournaments
Mate, I am going to League of Ireland matches for over 50 years. Yes, there have been decisions with which I disagreed. However, in general the standard of refereeing is excellent. We don't have VAR although it is used in GAA to determine scores.

I have never seen so many rubbish refs as Everton have suffered.

I think that 2nd yellow for Jiminez last night was genuinely one of the worst decisions I’ve seen in years.

If a ref can’t understand that in a genuine eyes on the ball 50/50 that one player will inevitably get there a fraction of a split second behind the other, then they don’t understand football one bit.

I think it is one of the situations where fans know we have bias but we do know what the rules should be and what we all think would be fair, but that is not what the rules are in many circumstance.

Referees face so much pressure and VAR gives them that second voice. It does not surprise me that they stick together on those decisions. When the referee is told to go and look at the monitor, I do not remember a time when he has stuck with his decision.

Something is going on with these referees. Last nights Jiminez red is another bad decision. No intent, just trying to play the ball, but he walks.
Goalie did the same but got there 2nd.
Referees are lurching from one rule tweak to another trying to micro manage everything.
Its time to rewind. Back to basics.
Ball to hand was easy to ref. This rubbish about natural shape, shirt sleeves, is nonsense.
Two players going for the same ball is a 50/50. Im seeing fouls and bookings given because two players go to kick the ball. One gets there first. Balls moved. Player gets kicked, and its a foul/ booking.

Saw an ex premier league ref speaking at a charity do earlier this year, he told this anecdote of reffing a game and not seeing a collision in the box, he said the players were screaming at him ‘are you gonna give a pen then or what?!’ He said ‘i hadn’t even seen it but everyone was going mad so I thought I best give a penalty’ I was utterly gobsmacked, when that’s the sort of clown you’re dealing with what chance have you got!

Saw an ex premier league ref speaking at a charity do earlier this year, he told this anecdote of reffing a game and not seeing a collision in the box, he said the players were screaming at him ‘are you gonna give a pen then or what?!’ He said ‘i hadn’t even seen it but everyone was going mad so I thought I best give a penalty’ I was utterly gobsmacked, when that’s the sort of clown you’re dealing with what chance have you got!
Was it at analfield?

Mate, I am going to League of Ireland matches for over 50 years. Yes, there have been decisions with which I disagreed. However, in general the standard of refereeing is excellent. We don't have VAR although it is used in GAA to determine scores.

I have never seen so many rubbish refs as Everton have suffered.
Sorry now Bluerover but even the refs here in Ireland know they are awful. I have never seen anyone before say the reffing in this country is excellent. There was a six week period last season where every podcast and newspaper article re the league was dedicated to the poor standard of reffing. Rob Harvey was so bad in Europe last year that the Maltese club Hibernians made an official complaint to UEFA about him

Two players going for the same ball is a 50/50.

Yes and fans love to see those type of challenges as it shows passion. But both players have a responsibility to care for their opponents too. If you do not think you will get the ball you must show restraint. If you are late, miss the ball and get the player, even if it is close, it is a yellow card in most situations.

Sorry now Bluerover but even the refs here in Ireland know they are awful. I have never seen anyone before say the reffing in this country is excellent. There was a six week period last season where every podcast and newspaper article re the league was dedicated to the poor standard of reffing. Rob Harvey was so bad in Europe last year that the Maltese club Hibernians made an official complaint to UEFA about him
Nero, they are not as bad as in England. Of course there will be the odd Muppet, but overall they are ok.

Surely the Premier League need a proper investigation into VAR/reffing irregularities in matches where the Sky 6 are involved this summer. It's becoming increasingly clear that these are not honest mistakes anymore, there's something dark going on and no-one involved in the game on the media side have the balls to call it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.