Rats on the Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought we finally had a thread dedicated to bitter kopites ringing into radio shows to claim 'the last known Lesser Spotted Dogtoad' will get aids and die if we build on the docks

Well I can dream...

The BBC really let themselves down allowing Alan Green, John Inverdale etc to carry on working for them. Not to mention Mark Chapman for goodness sake.

Watch Jeff Stelling on Sky Soccer Saturday, now that is how to present a football show. Imagine if Mark Chapman was doing it, you'd turn off after 5 minutes.

The BBC really let themselves down allowing Alan Green, John Inverdale etc to carry on working for them. Not to mention Mark Chapman for goodness sake.

Watch Jeff Stelling on Sky Soccer Saturday, now that is how to present a football show. Imagine if Mark Chapman was doing it, you'd turn off after 5 minutes.
I think Stelling is a pro and a throwback to the days of Coleman and Carpenter in that he transmits information speedily but in an articulate fashion. He can't hide his humour and enthusiasm but it's not the sleazy pseudo-laddish kind so beloved by "Chappers" and Co.
Some of his studio mates are a bit much though!

I think Stelling is a pro and a throwback to the days of Coleman and Carpenter in that he transmits information speedily but in an articulate fashion. He can't hide his humour and enthusiasm but it's not the sleazy pseudo-laddish kind so beloved by "Chappers" and Co.
That's what I mean, if you left Merson, Thompson, Le Tissier and Charlie Nicholas in a room with Mark Chapman, then firstly you'd lose 90% of your viewers and secondly they'd be taken off air because Jeff keeps them in line. My wife will even watch Soccer Saturday for Jeff Stelling and she doesn't like football!

I remember someone calling Alan Green out on 606 as a Kopite years ago.

He went full Ian Paisley in response, "YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME!"
We know you're a gobby, ignorant kopite Alan, anyone who listens to him for more than 5 minutes could figure that out!

I've no idea what you mean! This is first class banter!

That's what I mean, if you left Merson, Thompson, Le Tissier and Charlie Nicholas in a room with Mark Chapman, then firstly you'd lose 90% of your viewers and secondly they'd be taken off air because Jeff keeps them in line. My wife will even watch Soccer Saturday for Jeff Stelling and she doesn't like football!
My wife watches it for Kammie.

She reckons he should be in stand up:)

If Lawro's prediction league results were reality... Liverpool would be 7 points clear at the top of the Premier League with 13 more points than they've actually achieved and not a single defeat all season.

Everton would be 12 points worse off... the man knows nothing and gets paid silly money to show us how little he knows every weekend.

Lawro for me is the most annoying pundit, he slouches about like he owns the beeb and obviously sees himself as indispensable, put him out to grass please sooner rather than later.

Lawrensen actually gets a pass from me a lot of the time because he clearly has no clue where he is or what's happening whenever they sit him in a studio. He's like a dementia sufferer who's been dragged out of bed and is just completely all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.