Rating so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
5/10 letting in so many from set plays is just criminal, If course the positive of that is we havent let in so many from open play.

6/10

We have been reduced to 10 men in our two away games. We have shown resilience in both, and really can consider ourselves unfortunate not to have won.

The all-round aura around the club is much better, and the football we are playing is far better on the whole.

There's definitely frailties that we need to improve on, at both ends of the pitch. But it's a long old season.

We've still got new players to come in, in key roles as well.

I keep saying this but I reckon a load of our players hate our fans.

Could you be arsed getting booed all the time , honestly. If I was a footballer I would go home after every game that happened and tell my missus that the fans are all bellends

For 100k per week, you could leave a burning brown paper bag full of dog turd on my mothers step daily.

7/10 , one poor performance , two games we played good stuff but frustratingly drew

we need to get our defence sorted out admittedly but we have Zouma and Digne who came in and looked decent , with Mina still to take his place , Silva needs our support and patience , he has already has instilled a great team spirit and work ethic , with a desire to win games and play the game the right way , it will be at least another two transfer windows to get a proper squad sorted

cant be too harsh, with the exception of richarlison for a couple of games we've basically been relying on the same donkeys who were useless under koeman and allardyce

we've basically been relying on the same donkeys who were useless under koeman and allardyce

But at this point who's fault is that? we've known Sam was going and Marco and Marcel were in so the finger should have been pulled out a little sooner on purchases, smacks of "Ronald like" buying, wanted Siggy and spent far too long chasing him, we did the same with a couple of guys this window too, sure we need alot of changes in the squad and they can't be done overnight and expect results but we all knew we needed defenders and ones who could start week one

I really hope they come back from the break raring to go, but I know how little response we've had from poor results and breaks. They're complete outhouses.

Laughing at some of the verdicts here.

Lets call a spade a spade.

Given the fixture list and our inability to manage a game/see it out...

0 clean sheets against the likes of Rotherham, Wolves, Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Southampton?!
Inability to even look capable of defending a set piece.
Huddersfield? One shot on target (to their 6!)... Even Allardyce did the double over them.

Silva himself isn't happy, and understandably so.

But yeah, 7/10, 9/10 because it's a new manager. C'mon.

Starting the season without settled centre backs (all summer and how long did we leave it for Zouma and Mina?!) and another striker was piss poor. Resorting to Niasse as the option to change a game, still? Unbelievable.

I think those with different opinions and rating the season differently are indeed calling a spade a spade in the face of sensationalist rubbish about it being a poor start to the season.

We've used a raft of defensive combinations already and those being rotated in and out are trying to get their heads round zonal marking.

Soton just snotted Palace away. Yet we beat Soton. Chelsea toiled for 60m vs Chelsea. Wolves drew with City.

It's nonsense to suggest we are anything but a work in progress. And as such we'll be inconsistent, compounded by the fact everyone seems to be getting injured or sent off.

But at this point who's fault is that? we've known Sam was going and Marco and Marcel were in so the finger should have been pulled out a little sooner on purchases, smacks of "Ronald like" buying, wanted Siggy and spent far too long chasing him, we did the same with a couple of guys this window too, sure we need alot of changes in the squad and they can't be done overnight and expect results but we all knew we needed defenders and ones who could start week one

I'll wait to see if mina has the desired impact on our defence

I think those with different opinions and rating the season differently are indeed calling a spade a spade.

So 9/10 with "the positives massively outweighs the negatives for me"

If that's calling it as it is, then I'll have whatever that poster, and others are having.

Context is significant, but it's been a tame start. Anyone arguing differently are kidding themselves.

10/10 for getting rid of the gum chewing bus parker.

1/10 for the wild expectations of the impatient unrealistic folk that litter our fanbase.

Seriously, people. Did you really think the terrible damage of the last few years of mismanagement would be fixed in a few weeks?

This is not going to be an easy season. I expect we will have to put up with a lot of games like the last one.

In gardening metaphor terms, there are some signs of promise, with new growth and buds appearing, but there is still some weeds to pull and deadwood to cut out before we see anything resembling a flowerbed. This season will help define what sort of gardener we have hired this time.

Still too early to rate him just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.