Rating so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

9/10...lots of positives, I can see past the few negatives due to the mitigating circumstances.

The positives massively outweighs the negatives for me.

A very promising start and exciting for the future.

4/10.

But anybody who expected it all to click after a month is a fool.

A squad riddled with injuries and suspension learning new tactics, but still unbeaten, a nice 2 week break to hopefully get some players fit, its not all doom and gloom.

Pretty much this. Though the expectation should be that results will start picking up when we get players back from injury and match-fit. If we're still averaging 1.5 points a game by Christmas, there'll be room for concern.

A rating thread, after 5 'kin games? There's not enough facepalms to convey how ridiculous this actually is
This. There's one thing with being critical if something is going drastically wrong, but defending set pieces apart, Silva and the current Everton set up have my support for the time being.

I look forward to the 10 matches in rating thread until I give a rating. ;)

Laughing at some of the verdicts here.

Lets call a spade a spade.

Given the fixture list and our inability to manage a game/see it out...

0 clean sheets against the likes of Rotherham, Wolves, Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Southampton?!
Inability to even look capable of defending a set piece.
Huddersfield? One shot on target (to their 6!)... Even Allardyce did the double over them.

Silva himself isn't happy, and understandably so.

But yeah, 7/10, 9/10 because it's a new manager. C'mon.

Starting the season without settled centre backs (all summer and how long did we leave it for Zouma and Mina?!) and another striker was piss poor. Resorting to Niasse as the option to change a game, still? Unbelievable.

Pretty much this. Though the expectation should be that results will start picking up when we get players back from injury and match-fit. If we're still averaging 1.5 points a game by Christmas, there'll be room for concern.
That'd give us 57 points. Which if it came with visible improvements on the pitch, I think I could accept that. Would make me expect a lot more next season though.

Poor because we have played and struggled against the 'easier' prem teams. Unlucky that our new key players are unfit or injured.

Hard to see how we don't lose or draw against West ham - i think the pressure will be too great on the team by then and West ham will be looking at us as a relatively easy 3 points for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.