2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, all good reasons for keeping an incompetent Kopite whose only ambition seems to be to get us relegated.

The alternative is to sack with no replacement , therefore can't sign new players and the same players plummeting down the league will have to be the ones who climb the table again.

Basically tying the next managers hands behind his back.

If we win the next few games, all of this will be forgotten by the board. They will be lining up Rafael's players for January

Have you not been watching for the past few years? You Cant blame Jaffa for making us incredibly boring to watch. Last time I was entertained recently by any Everton side was under Martinez.
Oh, that's true. We've been dreadful to watch but we have, for the most part, been OK defensively. Benitez has managed to get us no possession of the football, no dynamism or quality of play and made us as leaky as a colander. The worst of all worlds, we are boring to watch and easy to play against. Which is why he will relegate us.

Oh, that's true. We've been dreadful to watch but we have, for the most part, been OK defensively. Benitez has managed to get us no possession of the football, no dynamism or quality of play and made us as leaky as a colander. The worst of all worlds, we are boring to watch and easy to play against. Which is why he will relegate us.
I agree it's non football, awful to watch. I really do believe the R word is not going to happen even under Jaffa. The start of the season hopefully will prove me wrong. I want more of the counter attacking we saw against Burnley.

A win and a decent 3rd round draw tonight and the world will look a mightily better place.
After over 2 months winless I wouldn't turn down one tonight and I don't think there's many who would, or even a draw.
However, as people have pointed out the team's mentality is fragile to say the least and we can't rely on Benitez to inspire them out of the mindset we have witnessed on the pitch for the last 2 months.
Think it's a case of hoping for a spark of individual brilliance which could give us something to cling on to, and give the players some belief, but I won't be holding my breath.
Don't think the cup draw will mean too much as I think the manager will field a weakened team whoever we draw (if he's still here that is)
I'm just fingers crossed for a streaky win tonight just to stop the slide towards the bottom.
Just cracked open my first bottle of Hoegarden......
Here's hoping.... ????
COYB

I didn’t want the FSW (preferred him over NES & a few others touted, but would have preferred Potter), but let’s get some perspective here..

We knew we had a paper thin mismatch of a squad with 3-4 good players, 3-4 adequate & the rest not fit for purpose.

We knew that due to disastrous recruitment, we couldn’t spend. Ancelotti knew that & jumped ship.

We knew too many of our high earners are perma-crocks (Gbamin, Tosun, Delph, Gomes). Even the top sides with their big squads would struggle with that. And the nonce to top it off!

So he’s come in, pulled a couple of signings that we badly needed. Townsend a good squad player for free. Gray an absolute steal. We had a good start to the season.

Then we’re hit by a string of injuries to our best players. And right down the spine of the team. DCL, Richarlison, Doucoure, Mina. You couldn’t make it up!

My only criticisms are Rondon & not playing Delph in a midfield 3 in the last 2 games, but apart from that I’m not sure what he can do? I didn’t see any lack of effort in the derby, just individual errors & clinical finishing.

We desperately need DCL & Mina fit ASAP. Hopefully we can scrape enough points in December to stay out of trouble.

I‘ll reserve judgement on him based on what he’s does in the Jan window & the remainder of the season.

I didn’t want the FSW (preferred him over NES & a few others touted, but would have preferred Potter), but let’s get some perspective here..

We knew we had a paper thin mismatch of a squad with 3-4 good players, 3-4 adequate & the rest not fit for purpose.

We knew that due to disastrous recruitment, we couldn’t spend. Ancelotti knew that & jumped ship.

We knew too many of our high earners are perma-crocks (Gbamin, Tosun, Delph, Gomes). Even the top sides with their big squads would struggle with that. And the nonce to top it off!

So he’s come in, pulled a couple of signings that we badly needed. Townsend a good squad player for free. Gray an absolute steal. We had a good start to the season.

Then we’re hit by a string of injuries to our best players. And right down the spine of the team. DCL, Richarlison, Doucoure, Mina. You couldn’t make it up!

My only criticisms are Rondon & not playing Delph in a midfield 3 in the last 2 games, but apart from that I’m not sure what he can do? I didn’t see any lack of effort in the derby, just individual errors & clinical finishing.

We desperately need DCL & Mina fit ASAP. Hopefully we can scrape enough points in December to stay out of trouble.

I‘ll reserve judgement on him based on what he’s does in the Jan window & the remainder of the season.

But we're on our worst win in God knows how long and has shown no signs of adapting to those injuries, some of which have been long term in their own right so he should have at least tried.

He set up in a 4-2-4 against Liverpool last week. He has told one of the best attacking FBs in the league to not cross the halfway line, our young player of the year from last season looks totally clueless and the defence has been shambolic all season.

I'd like to think he'd learn from his mistakes but all he does is refuse to accept it's down to him and blame any other factor.

All excuses are of with Benitez, none of them can justify 2 in midfield against Liverpool or City, playing Rondon week after week when he is stinking the place out, his ridiculous substitutions and his Jurassic tactics.

We got a few wins early on against poor teams, but, for the most part were lucky to win. Then, better opposition came along, his luck running out and injuries have given him the results his archaic football deserves.

Any manager that presides over a performance like Watford at home and doesn't accept his share of the blame for it needs booting

All excuses are of with Benitez, none of them can justify 2 in midfield against Liverpool or City, playing Rondon week after week when he is stinking the place out, his ridiculous substitutions and his Jurassic tactics.

We got a few wins early on against poor teams, but, for the most part were lucky to win. Then, better opposition came along, his luck running out and injuries have given him the results his archaic football deserves.

Any manager that presides over a performance like Watford at home and doesn't accept his share of the blame for it needs booting

100% agree with this, everyone getting caught up with injuries. We had 2 against Liverpool, Mina and DCL. Yes DCL is a miss but would Mina really improve us to the extent most make out? Would he really, he isnt that much better than Keane, you hear the saying absence makes the heart grow fonder, well I think some are bigging up his importance to this side considerably. Some are making out he is VVD mkII but he just isn`t.....

As mentioned above :-

2 man CM v Liverpools 3
Formation/Tactics makes it hard for us to score whilst conceding
Rondon week in week out
Iwobi and Rondon start as a front 2 v Brentford
Who sent Kean to Juve
Who sent Nkounkou out on loan
Why did Small leave, a decision fully justified now
Weakened side v QPR

Whose fault is all that???

As a manager you will seldom have your 1st choice strongest XI available for many games, it is his job to mitigate these missing players with formation or tactics. He has failed on this, preferring to moan that he needs more players, which in my view shows a weakness, being as this squad has finished 8-12 in the last 4 seasons shows a weakness in the FSW, he cant get the results of previous managers with the same players + Townsend and Gray.

He is here to relegate us, he couldnt care less, get rid of the kopite... Moshiri been well and truly had, an absolute mug!

Its as simple as this really, we've now thrown our lot in with this manager.

Nothing left then to crawl to 40 points now, all hope abandoned.

Hopefully we can get the summer and he can get the boot. Hard to see it before then unless Moshiri has a melt down, which hes prone to having to be fair to him.

Last edited:
Its as simple as this really, we've now thrown our lot in with this manager.

Nothing left then t crawl to 40 points now, all hope abandoned.

Hopefully we can get the summer and he can get the boot. Hard to see it before then unless Moshiri has a melt down, which hes prone to having to be fair to him.
A protest and loss tonight could be enough to set Moshiri over the edge. I know a lot of people are viewing Brands leaving as a signal that Benitez is now safe as houses but I think this is only the beginning of a cull of staff and Benitez card will be marked, injuries and lack of money aside. Its his job to turn it around eventually if that doesn't happen with a draw tonight at least I'd say he'll be gone soon

A protest and loss tonight could be enough to set Moshiri over the edge. I know a lot of people are viewing Brands leaving as a signal that Benitez is now safe as houses but I think this is only the beginning of a cull of staff and Benitez card will be marked, injuries and lack of money aside. Its his job to turn it around eventually if that doesn't happen with a draw tonight at least I'd say he'll be gone soon

I agree mate, Moshiri is flakey it never ceases to amaze me how it doesn't come up more on here. I actually think he reads here with a few beers has a meltdown and goes wild on his phone. He's so influenced by public opinion, media etc.

P.S. sign Raphinha at Leeds and have a beer FFS Mosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.