2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we'll soon see if the players want to put any effort in for Mr Benitez

No effort tonight or against Palace and he's gone I reckon. No manager will or should keep their job with such poor results.

The Brands departure is all theatre, got to be seen to be doing something about the collapse in progress.
Great point. How much effort there is - or isn't - will be fascinating to watch.

If these players want Benitez gone, they don't have to mail it in too much longer to achieve it I think.

Only positive is if he gets a few results he'll at least have full control of transfers going into next summer so if he sticks with the 4231 / 442 he can sign players to suit the system.

What, the system he played in 2005 ?

I look forward to Shelley bossing the midfield, whilst lobbing the ball up to one of his pet grocks.

We're a confidence side we've been streaky under every manager including Moyes when we would have good starts or finishes to the season.

Obviously this streak has been particularly bad/long but im confident 3 points goes a long way to giving us that bit of confidence to do our usual 8th-13th midtable finish routine.

0A361995-881B-4FBE-AA8A-D0FF71A6BE6E.jpeg

A defeat tonight and a draw away to man city in the fa cup and the world will look even worse than it does now. Im normally quite an upbeat person but think this scenario is more likely.

I'm not sure that's being claimed.

But the players will know executive action has been taken and they can expect a crowd tonight expectant that the blood-letting has gone some way to clearing the air.
Executive action that a bloke that all signings over the last 3 years have spoken incredibly highly of has resigned and walked away?

The club couldn't even sack someone right. If anything, the players will be angrier at benitez for making it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.