2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He also did not look bothered and keeps saying that when we have the full squad back, we will start winning. I don't see it being that easy and he is a massive problem.

We have regressed on set pieces, certain players seem very restricted in their play and we look terrified at the back.

His game plan at the start of the season was get the ball to townsend or gray and hope something happens.

Even with all the injuries, I see no pattern to our play and at first, i was happy to accept that a lack of continuity really affected us, but after yesterday, it is hard to know what we work on every day.

Also, starting Rondon and Iwobi is unforgivable.

Well Watford and Wolves with Richarlison and Doucoure on the pitch I would be more confident but its disingenuous to be looking at Liverpool & Arsenal away coming up and claiming anything but 3 points shows he ain't good enough when we haven't won a derby at Goodison since 2010 and our record at the Emirates is shocking.

But if he does get the sack soon at least the one positive will be normally rational posters will return to being somewhat understanding of the problems the manager currently faces rather than being rabid dogs unwilling to listen to common sense or rational points.

I mean you would literally think Benitez has shagged half of the posters on here's wives and spat in their kids faces its mental.
Arsenal game is at home lad...bet you'd tuck Benny ballsack in bed with your missus.

??

Depends in what context.

In the football world, maybe not. Maybe he has got where he's got by being arrogant, stubborn, determined etc.

As an actual bloke I don't think there's any suggestion he's not a nice fella. The two can be separated out.

I definitely don't like Benitez the manager but won't resort to personal insults. He's just a bad manager.

Everything I've seen of him, suggests to me he's a pretty loathsome fella. I don't care either way, as long as he does his job, but he comes across as completely manipulative and unlikeable to me.

Well Watford and Wolves with Richarlison and Doucoure on the pitch I would be more confident but its disingenuous to be looking at Liverpool & Arsenal away coming up and claiming anything but 3 points shows he ain't good enough when we haven't won a derby at Goodison since 2010 and our record at the Emirates is shocking.

But if he does get the sack soon at least the one positive will be normally rational posters will return to being somewhat understanding of the problems the manager currently faces rather than being rabid dogs unwilling to listen to common sense or rational points.

I mean you would literally think Benitez has shagged half of the posters on here's wives and spat in their kids faces its mental.

I'm not being horrible mate, but Arsenal is at home and we defeated them last year home and away. There's absolutely no reason whatsoever we cannot be targeting a home win v Arsenal. We should be viewing Arsenal as a competitor, they were last season. The expectations across the whole club have to be a lot higher.

We also haven't lost at home to liverpool since 2016 though. This squad drew and beat them last season.

Questioning and demanding the manager sacked are 2 different things.

Last season under Carlo we also went 3 wins in the last 13 games - also quite poor.
I don't think i understand where you're coming from. People don't like Benitez and didn't want him here to start with so they aren't going to give him as much slack as they would have given someone else. That was always going to be the case and was one of the reasons why he shouldn't have been given the job in the first place.

….we were very poorly set-up but it was even worst when he failed to change things. I prefer to talk about players than the manager, but I felt yesterday that Benitez lost us 3 points.

its very telling that a poster who is ambivalent to our team being relegated is so supportive of Benitez.

How am I supportive when I have said he deserves a share of blame?

Its like unless im frothing at the mouth demanding his head im a bad fan I mean come on grow up mate. There are bigger things happening in this world at the moment than crying 24/7 over a manager who you or I have little control/say/power/decision over if he stays or goes.

He’s a populist and will just bow to whatever keeps the fans happy. Unfortunately he’s probably the worst type of owner we could have at the moment. The board are absolutely paranoid and at the first sign of mass fan discontent will pull the trigger on him to save their own skins. Shouldn’t be this way but that’s how it is.

The fan base isn’t helping though. It’s the same fan base that gets irate enough to demand Kendall was fired but will clap Kenwirght for years of stagnation. The exact same thing is happening now. Huge ire against Koeman, Allardyce, Ancelotti towards the end and now Benitez meanwhile Moshiri, Brands, DBB who have been in post for years presiding over this entire mess get nothing.

I'm not being horrible mate, Brands gets loads of stick on here. He's constantly getting stick.

He's not playing Rondon for 90 minutes though or keeping 1 up front while we search for an equaliser is he?

How do you know they weren't fit? Just because they have been injured, doesn't mean they aren't fit.
If Gray was fully fit then I am pretty sure he would of started him, hes a lot more direct than Gordon, Iwobi and Rondon which is needed away from home.
As for Doucoure he didnt look his usual self moving or going fully in for a 50/50 (especially in the first half)

I'm not being horrible mate, Brands gets loads of stick on here. He's constantly getting stick.

He's not playing Rondon for 90 minutes though or keeping 1 up front while we search for an equaliser is he?
This seems to happen a lot on here you get people constantly saying why's nobody blaming the board or the players or Brands even though almost everybody is doing that in their threads!

Everything I've seen of him, suggests to me he's a pretty loathsome fella. I don't care either way, as long as he does his job, but he comes across as completely manipulative and unlikeable to me.
A the start of the season I was told he was a great man because of all the charridy work he does!
It was also intimated that this meant that he was going to be a great manager for us too! :oops:?

I was trying not go public with this, my court case will never hold up now, I demand a Jury trial of the FSW:dodgy:

perhaps you now understand my angst?

Only joking sack the useless nob head now!

Great business that.

The Derby looms ..... but its good sense to rid the club of the player that single handedly destroyed Liverpools defence & provided the pass of the season .

But he was on big bucks so yeah lets get shut , but but its ok we got Iwobi tho.
Reds be quaking in their boots.

Jaffa boy made his bed very early with that.
So you would agree to pay him almost 1 million pounds a month in the hope he can bothered to turn up and play every now and then.
Benitez knew exactly what he was and got shut. I applaud him for that.
All that talent and he just doesn't care. It's why any team from a top league won't touch him.

Status
Not open for further replies.