2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you would agree to pay him almost 1 million pounds a month in the hope he can bothered to turn up and play every now and then.
Benitez knew exactly what he was and got shut. I applaud him for that.
All that talent and he just doesn't care. It's why any team from a top league won't touch him.

A million a month?? Have his wages gone up to £250k a week now? Bloody hell it'll be a million a week soon.

He was the most talented player we've had for years, Benitez had a grudge for James showing him and his lies up at Madrid - so he got rid. Simple.

So you would agree to pay him almost 1 million pounds a month in the hope he can bothered to turn up and play every now and then.
Benitez knew exactly what he was and got shut. I applaud him for that.
All that talent and he just doesn't care. It's why any team from a top league won't touch him.
1m a month? Widely reported when he signed that he was on about 140k a week.

I'm glad you applaud him for the fact we haven't had any creativity in 2 months.

A million a month?? Have his wages gone up to £250k a week now? Bloody hell it'll be a million a week soon.

He was the most talented player we've had for years, Benitez had a grudge for James showing him and his lies up at Madrid - so he got rid. Simple.
Where has he gone?
To one of our rivals? No.
To a top league? No.
To any decent league? No.

The guy was finished and Benitez knew it.

1m a month? Widely reported when he signed that he was on about 140k a week.

I'm glad you applaud him for the fact we haven't had any creativity in 2 months.
Last I seen was about 210k but have seen as low as 90k.
Either way is stupid money for someone who doesn't want to play.

I don't think i understand where you're coming from. People don't like Benitez and didn't want him here to start with so they aren't going to give him as much slack as they would have given someone else. That was always going to be the case and was one of the reasons why he shouldn't have been given the job in the first place.
Point I'm trying to make is that we had a popular manager last season who went on a run at the end of the season that is not massively dissimilar to this one. A bit better than this one but still a very poor run. The issues then were similar, we have a core of 4-5 decent 1st team players and then when they're not available we're turbogash and look like a league 1 team.

Benitez was not my choice either FWIW

Where has he gone?
To a top league? No.

Rather difficult to move to a club when the transfer window had closed bar the league where he moved to ?

Looks to me he wanted to get away from that arrogant, no nothing manager and went wherever was open at the time, willing to pay as close to his wages as possible.

Where has he gone?
To a top league? No.

Would you rather have had him or Iwobi playing the last 10 minutes yesterday though thats the question. If the answer is Iwobi then I don't really know what to say and if the answer is James then finished or not we could probably do with him.

Point I'm trying to make is that we had a popular manager last season who went on a run at the end of the season that is not massively dissimilar to this one. A bit better than this one but still a very poor run. The issues then were similar, we have a core of 4-5 decent 1st team players and then when they're not available we're turbogash and look like a league 1 team.

Benitez was not my choice either FWIW
Like I say though everybody knows that it isn't proving anything. Benitez was never going to get the same support as any other manager would and so his margin for error was always going to be pretty much nil. It was talked about a lot before we appointed him and everybody agreed that it would be a disaster because as soon as we went on a bad run people would want him out.

Rather difficult to move to a club when the transfer window had closed bar the league where he moved to ?

Looks to me he wanted to get away from that arrogant, no nothing manager and went wherever was open at the time, willing to pay as close to his wages as possible.
He was in the shop window for months and their wasn't any takers from any good leagues?
Would you rather have had him or Iwobi playing the last 10 minutes yesterday though thats the question. If the answer is Iwobi then I don't really know what to say and if the answer is James then finished or not we could probably do with him.
It doesn't matter who we would rather have playing. Rodriguez himself didn't really want to be here and when he was it was clear playing every game wasn't for him.

I'd rather our dog played yesterday instead of Iwobi and we had to her put to sleep last month.

Chances are James wouldn't have been fit. That's been his issue. If he never had this problem we would never have seen him playing for us in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.