2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why they think that the new owners will choose their new manager base on the wish list of the fans. We all know that doesn't happen with rich owners.
The problem is they will have pipe dreams like Moshiri did with Simeone, I honestly don't think they will be able to get an elite manager, they will probably try for RB based on this in my opinion, but I think he's fine here. it's not about how much money an owner has its more about what they are willing to spend, we have seen it time and time again with different clubs. Moshiri has proven here that when we are not hampered by FFP he will back the manager, we are lucky to have Farhad.

Are you seriously telling me that you've never said you have disliked a person who you have never met. It could be anybody. A footballer, an actor, a politician, a TV presenter. You've never said to the lads in the pub, or turned around to the missus on the sofa and said I don't like him.

If you say you haven't then I'm calling you out now. I'll also say that, over the years, you've probably done it dozens or maybe even hundreds of times. Everyone does.

I don't respect you any less for having done it. Everyone does it. But what I do have zero respect for are hypocrites.
Hating someone's views is fine. Hating their opinions is fine. Hating the human and blasting it all over social media to garner likes and agreement really isn't.

Have I called someone to mates or said bad things? Sure. But here's the thing; I'm not proud of the stupid, irrational and hurtful things I've said and done when I was younger. I'd also like to think that I've developed enough as a person to behave in a better way than spreading hatred unnecessarily. As a parent I'd be ashamed if my kid was spreading hate on social forums.

The problem is they will have pipe dreams like Moshiri did with Simeone, I honestly don't think they will be able to get an elite manager, they will probably try for RB based on this in my opinion, but I think he's fine here. it's not about how much money an owner has its more about what they are willing to spend, we have seen it time and time again with different clubs. Moshiri has proven here that when we are not hampered by FFP he will back the manager, we are lucky to have Farhad.
I've got a lot of time for Moshiri for what he has put into the club. My issue with him is that he then meddles in the clubs footballing affairs and it doesn't always work out for the best. You can argue that it's his money so he can do what he wants, and I guess that's fair enough. But it's not doing the club any good in my opinion. He employed Brands to run the footballing side of things, then completely undermines him by bringing in managers that like to have full control over the first team including transfers. We're lurching from one manager to another and there's no continuity at all. Brands might as well be the ball boy.

Hating someone's views is fine. Hating their opinions is fine. Hating the human and blasting it all over social media to garner likes and agreement really isn't.

Have I called someone to mates or said bad things? Sure. But here's the thing; I'm not proud of the stupid, irrational and hurtful things I've said and done when I was younger. I'd also like to think that I've developed enough as a person to behave in a better way than spreading hatred unnecessarily. As a parent I'd be ashamed if my kid was spreading hate on social forums.
Why am I spreading hate.? I've said that I don't like Benitez as a person. It isn't necessarily down to the fact he managed Liverpool, but a lot of it is down to the things he said about Everton when he was manager of Liverpool. I personally think he's arrogant and self centred and I don't like that in a person. But I have never ever promoted hate in here and personally think your post was uncalled for.

Why am I spreading hate.? I've said that I don't like Benitez as a person. It isn't necessarily down to the fact he managed Liverpool, but a lot of it is down to the things he said about Everton when he was manager of Liverpool. I personally think he's arrogant and self centred and I don't like that in a person. But I have never ever promoted hate in here and personally think your post was uncalled for.

So you don't like him as a person because he said David Moyes' approach to Everton was that of a small club.

And from that you've decided that he's an arrogant and self centred person, despite the fact he's completely the opposite.

Fair enough, I quite liked Lee though. Came across as a bit dour, but rather enjoyed winding 'them' up.
As I said to another poster, it wasn't really about the football. As you say we had a decent team under him. I just never took to him for some reason. Probably because he sold Duncan McKenzie who was my hero. Still is.

is their any evidence to suggest newcastle are after him?

or are we all just working ourselves up to insanity for nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.