2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
is their any evidence to suggest newcastle are after him?

or are we all just working ourselves up to insanity for nothing

The only evidence is the fact that Rafael tried to get Amanda Staveley to buy Liverpool, then again he brought her on board to try and buy Newcastle when he was there. Her and PIF said that the project wouldn't be happening without Rafael and the club would be moulded in his vision.

He has been waiting for the sale for over 2 years, this summer he apparently told people that he thought the sale would never go ahead and it was time to look elsewhere.

He is now fully on board with us and planning the next transfer window.

PIF would have to buy Rafael out of his contract, which they could afford to do, but whether Rafael would go there remains to be seen.

Reading some of what has just been written recently on here, on reflection I suppose we all express extreme views on famous people we have never actually met. Maybe it gets more extreme on social media such as this. I mean I loathe and detest Jeremy Corbyn and wish he would take a one way trip on a cargo boat to that communist hell hole of Cuba which he seems to like so much. He might actually be a nice fellow at heart. I will never know.

Reading some of what has just been written recently on here, on reflection I suppose we all express extreme views on famous people we have never actually met. Maybe it gets more extreme on social media such as this. I mean I loathe and detest Jeremy Corbyn and wish he would take a one way trip on a cargo boat to that communist hell hole of Cuba which he seems to like so much. He might actually be a nice fellow at heart. I will never know.
He wears corduroy trousers, there's no coming back from that.

With all due respect, it appears that most of the dislike is due to him formerly managing the other side and that comment. Initially some try to say he is past it and not good. Then they used James as a stick. Now that James is still "injured" and he is showing that he is still a top manager, it's because of the dislike of him as a person? With utmost respect for your opinion, none of us remotely knows him personally as a person and from all the snippets we hear in the press, him and his wife has done alot for the charities around the area and nobody has ever said anything bad about his character. So let's be honest and just admit that the dislike is due to his links to them. It's the truth and I for one totally understand it.

P.S. For those who are still insisting he is a terrible manager and that Steve Bruce did as good a job as him at Newcastle, yes or no to a straight swap? Benitez has started well here and if Steve is as good as him without the connection, he can continue the good work and you shouldn't have any problem with it right? ?
Here's a post I did earlier which will cover off the Liverpool connection.
The Liverpool connection is obviously part of it. But I could probably name 7 or 8 ex Liverpool managers I wouldn't object to managing Everton purely due to their personality or the fact they managed Liverpool. I was a bit young when Catterick was our manager but there have been a few Everton managers I didn't like for the same reasons. Lee, Allardyce and Koeman spring to mind. And none of them called us a little club.
As I've said subsequently, it wasn't that he managed Liverpool that was an issue for me, it was the things he said about us when he was their manager. Relationships between the two lots of fans where probably at their worst ebb during his stint at Anfield. A lot of that was fueled by his comments and attitude towards us whether you're prepared to acknowledge it or not.

You mention James in your post. James was a player I was a big fan of last season, and I've defended him a lot in these pages because many in here suddenly decided he was the antichrist or something. But I said throughout the window that he didn't fit in with Benitez style of play and that it would be probably best for all concerned if he left the club, provided he was replaced in the squad. The end of the window came and he was still here so I wanted him to get himself fit and and available for selection, acknowledging that he would be a bit part player, mainly from the bench when we needed something different. Our squad, from an attacking viewpoint, was terribly thin and I thought we couldn't conceivably sell him before the January window seeing as we couldn't replace him. But no, Benitez obviously didn't want him around the squad so we got rid, which left the squad incredibly short in attacking players, evidenced by us having to play Gordon away at United and having 2 teenagers as our only forward replacements in the bench. All because he put his longstanding personal dispute with the player ahead of the good of the club.

Anyway, bottom line here is that I should be able to say that I dislike somebody on an internet forum without having to apologise for it. or even explain myself.

With all due respect, it appears that most of the dislike is due to him formerly managing the other side and that comment. Initially some try to say he is past it and not good. Then they used James as a stick. Now that James is still "injured" and he is showing that he is still a top manager, it's because of the dislike of him as a person? With utmost respect for your opinion, none of us remotely knows him personally as a person and from all the snippets we hear in the press, him and his wife has done alot for the charities around the area and nobody has ever said anything bad about his character. So let's be honest and just admit that the dislike is due to his links to them. It's the truth and I for one totally understand it.

P.S. For those who are still insisting he is a terrible manager and that Steve Bruce did as good a job as him at Newcastle, yes or no to a straight swap? Benitez has started well here and if Steve is as good as him without the connection, he can continue the good work and you shouldn't have any problem with it right? ?
The Liverpool connection is obviously part of it. But I could probably name 7 or 8 ex Liverpool managers I wouldn't object to managing Everton purely due to their personality or the fact they managed Liverpool. I was a bit young when Catterick was our manager but there have been a few Everton managers I didn't like for the same reasons. Lee, Allardyce and Koeman spring to mind. And none of them called us a little club.
As I've said subsequently, it wasn't that he managed Liverpool that was an issue for me, it was the things he said about us when he was their manager. Relationships between the two lots of fans where probably at their worst ebb during his stint at Anfield. A lot of that was fueled by his comments and attitude towards us whether you're prepared to acknowledge it or not.

You mention James in your post. James was a player I was a big fan of last season, and I've defended him a lot in these pages because many in here suddenly decided he was the antichrist or something. But I said throughout the window that he didn't fit in with Benitez style of play and that it would be probably best for all concerned if he left the club, provided he was replaced in the squad. The end of the window came and he was still here so I wanted him to get himself fit and and available for selection, acknowledging that he would be a bit part player, mainly from the bench when we needed something different. Our squad, from an attacking viewpoint, was terribly thin and I thought we couldn't conceivably sell him before the January window seeing as we couldn't replace him. But no, Benitez obviously didn't want him around the squad so we got rid, which left the squad incredibly short in attacking players, evidenced by us having to play Gordon away at United and having 2 teenagers as our only forward replacements in the bench. All because he put his longstanding personal dispute with the player ahead of the good of the club.

Anyway, bottom line here is that I should be able to say that I dislike somebody on an internet forum without having to apologise for it. or even explain myself.

Just a little footnote on Mr Rodriguez.........he's still not fit for his new club and has began taking the piss there as well. I'd suggest the decision by Benitez to get rid of the fraud was and will be 100% correct - these are the type of decisions he makes as a manager and being an experienced one, they're usually correct. Be thankful we've got him.

Mate, I wouldn't even call saying you dislike somebody as extreme views. But as you say, everybody does it so calling other people out for it is just hypocritical.

Just a little footnote on Mr Rodriguez.........he's still not fit for his new club and has began taking the piss there as well. I'd suggest the decision by Benitez to get rid of the fraud was and will be 100% correct - these are the type of decisions he makes as a manager and being an experienced one, they're usually correct. Be thankful we've got him.
You're entitled to your opinion. But it is just an opinion and you have no idea if it will prove to be 100% correct as you suggest. All we know for sure is that we aren't able to replace him in the squad until at least January and we have already been having to put teenagers on the bench as our only forward cover in 2 matches. This could happen frequently seeing as we have only 6 senior players for 4 forward positions. If we are lucky with injuries in the future we could get away with it. If we aren't, well we'll see what happens.

It's well documented that he's a very warm and humble person.

But you know.. Damn those Benitez's and their charitable donations and support to food banks, damn all the work they've done for hospices and underprivileged kids in Naples, Newcastle and Liverpool, damn their generosity.

The first bit is complete and utter fabricated nonsense.

One thing he isn’t, is warm and humble.

I personally know two people, one a respected journalist and the other a member of the backroom staff at Liverpool ( when he was there ) who’ve fallen victim to him and his cabal and ended up having to get other jobs as a result.

Leave the wham chatting about Saint Benitez to the likes of @Death & co, as they’re much better at it than you.

The only evidence is the fact that Rafael tried to get Amanda Staveley to buy Liverpool, then again he brought her on board to try and buy Newcastle when he was there. Her and PIF said that the project wouldn't be happening without Rafael and the club would be moulded in his vision.

He has been waiting for the sale for over 2 years, this summer he apparently told people that he thought the sale would never go ahead and it was time to look elsewhere.

He is now fully on board with us and planning the next transfer window.

PIF would have to buy Rafael out of his contract, which they could afford to do, but whether Rafael would go there remains to be seen.

I always suspected you were a Newcastle fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.