2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a little footnote on Mr Rodriguez.........he's still not fit for his new club and has began taking the piss there as well. I'd suggest the decision by Benitez to get rid of the fraud was and will be 100% correct - these are the type of decisions he makes as a manager and being an experienced one, they're usually correct. Be thankful we've got him.

Details please.

Here's a post I did earlier which will cover off the Liverpool connection.

As I've said subsequently, it wasn't that he managed Liverpool that was an issue for me, it was the things he said about us when he was their manager. Relationships between the two lots of fans where probably at their worst ebb during his stint at Anfield. A lot of that was fueled by his comments and attitude towards us whether you're prepared to acknowledge it or not.

You mention James in your post. James was a player I was a big fan of last season, and I've defended him a lot in these pages because many in here suddenly decided he was the antichrist or something. But I said throughout the window that he didn't fit in with Benitez style of play and that it would be probably best for all concerned if he left the club, provided he was replaced in the squad. The end of the window came and he was still here so I wanted him to get himself fit and and available for selection, acknowledging that he would be a bit part player, mainly from the bench when we needed something different. Our squad, from an attacking viewpoint, was terribly thin and I thought we couldn't conceivably sell him before the January window seeing as we couldn't replace him. But no, Benitez obviously didn't want him around the squad so we got rid, which left the squad incredibly short in attacking players, evidenced by us having to play Gordon away at United and having 2 teenagers as our only forward replacements in the bench. All because he put his longstanding personal dispute with the player ahead of the good of the club.

Anyway, bottom line here is that I should be able to say that I dislike somebody on an internet forum without having to apologise for it. or even explain myself.
Apologies if you felt like you have to apologize. Ultimately, like him or not, he's doing well and hopefully will continue to do well. It's a results based business and as long as Everton is doing well, most people will support him. I just feel that some people are making up stuff to dislike him and people who like him has to go over the top to defend him and it's neverending. Some will like him, some will not like him, no problem there. Making up stuff and calling him names like a petulant child isn't right though. I'm sure you are reasonable enough to see that.

Just a little footnote on Mr Rodriguez.........he's still not fit for his new club and has began taking the piss there as well. I'd suggest the decision by Benitez to get rid of the fraud was and will be 100% correct - these are the type of decisions he makes as a manager and being an experienced one, they're usually correct. Be thankful we've got him.
Yes, we get it, little Everton should thank their lucky stars every day that a luminary like Rafael Benitez, most recently of Dalian and Newcastle, should grace us with his presence. You really don't have a very high opinion of this club, do you?

Was hilarious seeing "team James" attempt to undermine our manager by sticking up for the same wasters in the squad who have taken the club for a ride.

Be thankful, we have got him, pelease.

I will be thankful when he has had a five year spell in charge, with a set of trophies til then I see him as a safe pair of hands, who has had a good start in recent terms, slightly above average in historic terms.

Maybe the great Benitez will be wanted by the Barcodes again, with their new found wealth. Can we dare to dream we may keep him?

Be thankful, we have got him, pelease.

I will be thankful when he has had a five year spell in charge, with a set of trophies til then I see him as a safe pair of hands, who has had a good start in recent terms, slightly above average in historic terms.

Maybe the great Benitez will be wanted by the Barcodes again, with their new found wealth. Can we dare to dream we may keep him?

I do not think he would go back there. I mthink he is settled and living back at home with family.

You're entitled to your opinion. But it is just an opinion and you have no idea if it will prove to be 100% correct as you suggest. All we know for sure is that we aren't able to replace him in the squad until at least January and we have already been having to put teenagers on the bench as our only forward cover in 2 matches. This could happen frequently seeing as we have only 6 senior players for 4 forward positions. If we are lucky with injuries in the future we could get away with it. If we aren't, well we'll see what happens.
What a stupid reply...Gray is a million times more effective than James ever was

You're entitled to your opinion. But it is just an opinion and you have no idea if it will prove to be 100% correct as you suggest. All we know for sure is that we aren't able to replace him in the squad until at least January and we have already been having to put teenagers on the bench as our only forward cover in 2 matches. This could happen frequently seeing as we have only 6 senior players for 4 forward positions. If we are lucky with injuries in the future we could get away with it. If we aren't, well we'll see what happens.

So you're saying Rafael is giving our youth a chance, something people were berating Rafael for before he got here, saying youth would never get a chance. Now he's doing that he's in the wrong.

Apologies if you felt like you have to apologize. Ultimately, like him or not, he's doing well and hopefully will continue to do well. It's a results based business and as long as Everton is doing well, most people will support him. I just feel that some people are making up stuff to dislike him and people who like him has to go over the top to defend him and it's neverending. Some will like him, some will not like him, no problem there. Making up stuff and calling him names like a petulant child isn't right though. I'm sure you are reasonable enough to see that.
Mate, I've acknowledged that we have started well under him. He has us playing a system that suits the players on our books and he has them working for each other. I've also acknowledged that, so far, I was wrong about the signings of both Gray and Townsend who have both delivered at a much higher level than I thought they were capable of.

But, and there has to be a but mate, we are only a few games into a very long season. We know from previous seasons that things can change very quickly, and team selection has already contributed towards us being knocked out of one competition to lower league opposition, that wouldn't have gone down well with some of our fans, especially the younger ones who have never known success as a blue.

Let's hope we continue to get decent results under Benitez and long may it continue. But you know what, it is possible to support Everton and enjoy seeing them do well without actually liking the manager. Some people on here find that hard to grasp.

As regards the name calling and childish petulance, it isn't something that I personally partake in but it is a big part of the culture on this forum mate. and if you re anything like me you would know this because you probably frequented the forum as a guest for a while before taking the plunge and joining. It's part and parcel of this forum and I see no reason why we should make an exception for Benitez. All previous managers have been fair game

Status
Not open for further replies.