2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you want Benitez to fail and the team to do well? Doesn't work that way
I haven't said I want him to fail. I've said I don't want him here.

My feelings about him aren't just going to change off one game. I've always said he has to earn respect and earn his chance. It takes time to do that. It's not up to me him being at the club but I won't clap him or cheer for him until he has proven me wrong and earnt it.

But he is here. So why not try and get behind him for the sake of the team
I'll admit, I'm softening on it. Still wont get to the point of clapping him etc until he has done a lot more to earn it, but I am becoming more accepting. My issue is the stance and language/insults of others having a go all the time because others are taking time to come round to the situation.

What was pleasing was there was a noticeable change in the football being played. Quicker and more direct. I can see DCL enjoying this.
Last season it was difficult to identify a plan. Early days but defo a positive start.

Absolutely. We've been playing slow football more or less since Moyes left.

Its a breath of fresh air to see us try get runners in behind, midfielders breaking in to the box, early crosses and aggressive without the ball.

What's most promising is that the players seem to have bought in to the style of play quite quickly, and are fighting for the cause. After being dumped so abruptly by Ancelotti there was always going to be a question mark about their motivation this season.

I'll admit, I'm softening on it. Still wont get to the point of clapping him etc until he has done a lot more to earn it, but I am becoming more accepting. My issue is the stance and language/insults of others having a go all the time because others are taking time to come round to the situation.
I am just hoping he will be accepted for our sake. He may turn out to be like the previous managers but they were given a grace period. My fear is a loss of 2 or 3 games on the trot and the murmerings will filter down to the players who will once again prefer to play away from home. Not going to help us at all. A good 80-90% didn't want the appointment but it happened so no harm in wishing him the best of luck for success.

At least he shows some emotion on the touchline / in the dugout. I know appearances can be deceptive , but on the evidence so far he seems 100% more involved than the last incumbent. He also seems capable of changing things that aren't working. Impressed with him so far , but we all need to stick with him when we inevitably hit a rough patch. I think that we can all accept that at least he is trying , and that hopefully will rub off on the players.

Pathetic that mate.
I don't want the kopite here ergo I'm not welcoming him with open arms.
However I don't want him to fail because that means Everton have failed.
It's perfectly possible to hate Benitez as our manager and love Everton.
I've been going for 40 years....am I not good enough to be an Evertonian?

How can you refer to our manager as a kopite?

Absolutely. We've been playing slow football more or less since Moyes left.

Its a breath of fresh air to see us try get runners in behind, midfielders breaking in to the box, early crosses and aggressive without the ball.

What's most promising is that the players seem to have bought in to the style of play quite quickly, and are fighting for the cause. After being dumped so abruptly by Ancelotti there was always going to be a question mark about their motivation this season.
I also think it’ll be less frustrating when we drop points here and there but doing it while taking the game to the opposition and ‘having a go.’

Status
Not open for further replies.