2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is little difference there though - if you wasn't willing to give him a chance before a ball had even been kicked then its unlikely many of those will ever give him a fair chance outside of some hypothetical situation such as winning a trophy or finishing in the top 4 which are both unrealistic with this current squad.

Would like to hear @windymiller thoughts on yesterday's game he's been awfully quiet after predicting Southampton to gulp us
I don't know how many times we need to do this but here we go again. I've never predicted Southampton would beat us, once again I challenge you to vault me. You'll fail, again, because I didn't say it. What you will find is the many times I said I hope we do win. I've been quiet because I was banned for a couple of days for commenting on your love life, I should have known that would end in tears!

Yesterday's result changes little for me, we played exactly how I expected we would by launching balls into the box. Better teams will cut that off at source. What will be interesting to see is what our plan B will be when that happens, that is what I am worried about.

Leeds are a good side and its become clear especially at the moment looking at this weekends results home advantage is huge especially in a first game with fans back after a year. They finished ahead of us in the table. They have a good manager who knows his team inside out. Just wait till you see the outrage next week if we don't beat them. Which is very possible and even likely.

I think Ben won't go down without a fight.

Leeds are a good side and its become clear especially at the moment looking at this weekends results home advantage is huge especially in a first game with fans back after a year. They finished ahead of us in the table. They have a good manager who knows his team inside out. Just wait till you see the outrage next week if we don't beat them. Which is very possible and even likely.

I would snap your hands off for a point now and take Brighton at Goodison the following weekend.

Very tough game - if we can get 6-7 points out of a possible 9 without any real investment in the starting 11 Benitez has done a solid enough job.

Leeds are a top side ignoring that United loss (as you should as they seem to have their number) I think we will be in for a tough one. I think we need to win these types of matches with teams near our level to have any hope of top 6 but at the same time I'd take a draw. Hopefully we play the same type of football we did against Southampton as that would take advantage of all the space Leeds are likely to give us. More likely we will sit back and play hoofball though lol

To be fair mate it doesn't help when we have a 'well done Benitez' thread after one good second half and win. I'm hoping the lad who done it did it with tongue in cheek and not tongue in Benitez's arse cheeks.

Doucore + front 4 are good enough to score & win matches, but there are concerns at the back CB's don't seem confident, Allan did not do much, full backs contributed little. Back 5 needs to be sorted before we face quality attack. Pickford was not convincing. Though Saints may be a bottom club, they had a few players with quality who exploited our weakness. If this backline can be sorted, will do better.
Anyway 1st match of the season, should get better as season progresses, with better under understanding.

Doucore + front 4 are good enough to score & win matches, but there are concerns at the back CB's don't seem confident, Allan did not do much, full backs contributed little. Back 5 needs to be sorted before we face quality attack. Pickford was not convincing. Though Saints may be a bottom club, they had a few players with quality who exploited our weakness. If this backline can be sorted, will do better.
Anyway 1st match of the season, should get better as season progresses, with better under understanding.

At the front Richarlison and Lewin are the only one's good enough to score and win matches mate, you could throw Rodriguez in but I don't think we'll be seeing much of him.

I don't know how many times we need to do this but here we go again. I've never predicted Southampton would beat us, once again I challenge you to vault me. You'll fail, again, because I didn't say it. What you will find is the many times I said I hope we do win. I've been quiet because I was banned for a couple of days for commenting on your love life, I should have known that would end in tears!

Yesterday's result changes little for me, we played exactly how I expected we would by launching balls into the box. Better teams will cut that off at source. What will be interesting to see is what our plan B will be when that happens, that is what I am worried about.
He enjoys making baseless and false accusations with zero evidence. Accused me of all sorts so i said to find the evidence. (As none exists as I haven't done any of what he said) Called him out on it and he ignored it and never responded or retracted it.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.