2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're on course for 76 points, that would of got Everton second last season and most seasons top 3, I'll have a bit of that.

…ridiculous profiling how many points we’re heading for after so few games. It’s a bit like saying if you win your first game, you’re ‘on course’ for 114 points. Brighton must be very giddy given your reasoning.

You can keep looking adoringly at the picture of Benitez next to your bed, but I suggest you wait until Christmas for a more accurate assessment of how we’re doing.

I think where we finish will depend on the injury situation. If we are decimated like now for a large part of the season we will get about 45 points. If we can get close to our first 11 for most of the season it will be about 65 points.

….yep, whilst the manager is an important component it really is about quality of players and depth in the squad.

You really only deal in extremes, don't you? You can like Potter and Benitez. You can like Potter without thinking he's Guardiola. You can acknowledge that we've spent less than Brighton this season but also acknowledge that we had different squads to begin with.

Brighton's successes are not Everton's failures or vice versa.

Potterball isn't a thing outside of your imagination.

You need to take a chill pill, fella.
Potter is slowly building a decent outfit. I dont think our fan base would afford him the time to build one here. Managing Everton and managing Brighton are entirely different entities and that not being disrespectful to Brighton

Potter is slowly building a decent outfit. I dont think our fan base would afford him the time to build one here. Managing Everton and managing Brighton are entirely different entities and that not being disrespectful to Brighton

Totally agree. If he had us where Brighton were last season we would be calling for his head. 8th place is the answer. Most Brighton fans would be delighted with finishing 8th. Most Everton fans would be disappointed even given how we have performed the last 2 seasons. Koeman is an example of this Southampton fans thought he did an awesome job we thought he did a decent job in his first season but we wanted so much more.

Brighton's improvement this season shouldn't be seen as a huge surprise. The data suggested last season that they were basically very, very unlucky - almost to the point of it being a statistical improbability in terms of how low they finished. I made no secret over the summer of saying that Potter would have been my first choice if we could allow someone three years to build something. I've got no problem with the direction we've chosen (that is I don't have a problem now that I've come to terms with it), but think Potter is potentially the real deal.

That is a brilliant summary of it. Benitez just means we tread water until he gets sacked. Potter has a higher ceiling and is a far more progressive manager.
Remember the time Koeman came? Progressive manager, holland and all that.
Yeah right...

It's easier to do it at Brighton. They're used to League One away games to Peterborough Utd. He wont get the time & patience he gets there.

Status
Not open for further replies.