• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Average?

1. They finished 1x place below us in the table last season

2. Spent near £100 million this summer whilst we spent £1.5 million

3. Had a full strength side to pick from whereas we had 4 first team players out including our two only real goal threats and best players.

Palace beat Spurs 3-0 and Man City drew 0-0 with a poor Southampton team.

There are no easy games in the league and we have a poor squad when injuries mount up.

The problem here isn't the manager its the fanbases expectations.

Yes

They were unable to beat Brentford at home and lost to Watford this season.

We can lose to them, but 3 nil was pretty woeful. The game swung on the appalling, negative sub by the manager to try playing without a forward. It sent the wrong message to the players and then we made a catalogue of defensive mistakes.

Lost a game have we.

No I’ve never been a fan of that type. The mourinhos and Benitez’

Who are stubbornly arrogant and will rather drive into a wall than change their ways

at least Mou has had some success though not recent. Rafael is living off some myth that he is a good manager

Yes

We can lose to them, but 3 nil was pretty woeful. The game swung on the appalling, negative sub by the manager to try playing without a forward. It sent the wrong message to the players and then we made a catalogue of defensive mistakes.

Rondon was half fit and our only attacking option off the bench was a kid who was playing League One football last season and has only just come back from a few months injury lay off.

But sure Benitez had an Ings or a Antonio sat on the bench but decided to go defensive for the lulz.

Deary me fans need to wake up we are barebones and have utter crap on the bench.

Rondon was half fit and our only attacking option off the bench was a kid who was playing League One football last season and has only just come back from a few months injury lay off.

But sure Benitez had an Ings or a Antonio sat on the bench but decided to go defensive for the lulz.

Deary me fans need to wake up we are barebones and have utter crap on the bench.

Iwobi up top was not our best option. I'm not defending that sort of sub. It was like the old Moyes days.

Yes

The game swung when Gray just missed the opening goal.
That's football. Luck is a factor. We could've lost to Burnley & won at Villa just on luck alone...

The forward was Rondon, he wasn't fit.

Average?

1. They finished 1x place below us in the table last season

2. Spent near £100 million this summer whilst we spent £1.5 million

3. Had a full strength side to pick from whereas we had 4 first team players out including our two only real goal threats and best players.

Palace beat Spurs 3-0ast weekend and Man City drew 0-0 with a poor Southampton team.

There are no easy games in the league and we have a poor squad when injuries mount up.

The problem here isn't the manager its the fanbases unrealistic expectations. We lost a game - we'll lose many more just the way it is.
But that's what happens when you spend the money we have in recent seasons, you can't expect people to not have expectations.

The anger at the moment, whether it's aimed at the manager or the likes of James is wrong tbh and I think our Board are getting away with some catastrophic running of the club these past few years. Poor appointments in various roles, there are too many pulling in different directions at the club and we seem to have had a few that throwing money at problems will fix them and all it's done has caused financial chaos and led to where we are now.

Getting beyond tedious and boring lads.

Really brings down the tone of the forum.

Change the tune eh, we'll get bored of issuing warnings/temporary suspensions soon.
Absoltely amazing that some people on this forum have been calling the manager a "liar" when he said tha it was the player who insisted he was not available for the Villa game...Does the report that the player is now actively engaged in talks away from gthis country not suggest to these people that it was in nthe players best interest for himself to "skip" the Villa game in case he got injured and lessened is chance of a move away from the clubhe obviousy has no interest in.

No I’ve never been a fan of that type. The mourinhos and Benitez’

Who are stubbornly arrogant and will rather drive into a wall than change their ways

at least Mou has had some success though not recent. Rafael is living off some myth that he is a good manager
I think he might have won a trophy before has Benitez.

Antonio was suspended this week mate.

I would have left it a bit longer. Then I would have looked to move Gray to the middle and brought on Gordon.

There were no good options. But Iwobi as a centre forward was definitely not one of the better ones.
Rondon was on the verge of collapsing from about the 15th minute on. Then you would've moved our most in-form player out of his best position for the sake of Gordon who has scored 0 goals at any professional level. That sounds an even worse idea than the one we got. If Gray wraps his foot around it a little bit more right before the goal it looks an inspired sub.

There were no good options as you say and every single one would've provided an opportunity to slate the decision he did make. Iwobi looks a better player down the middle for Nigeria at least and has played and scored at a higher level than Gordon or Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.