2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have paid over the odds on some absolute stinkers but it's not unique to us, more that the fees have become ridiculous. Our first 11 should be in the mix for the European places.

Yep I agree our first 11 should however we hardly ever get to put it out and our squad depth is absolute toilet.

The money has been squandered but if we can keep the first 11 fit we challenge for Europe. If not it's midtable.

Simple as that for me.

Yep I agree our first 11 should however we hardly ever get to put it out and our squad depth is absolute toilet.

The money has been squandered but if we can keep the first 11 fit we challenge for Europe. If not it's midtable.

Simple as that for me.
We spent more than 1 billion on players since 1995.
1.000.000.000 on players, most of that of course since Moshiri. We should have squad depth...

It's time to let smart people handle things.

Limp? First season in years I genuinely thought we'd get Europe. The end was horrible but I had real belief in March, bet you did (if you support efc not Rafael..) .
10th was about lowest we were all year, limp does not describe it.

We did limp to 10th, though. The final part of the season was totally gash. 13 points from the final 12 games.

Limp? First season in years I genuinely thought we'd get Europe. The end was horrible but I had real belief in March, bet you did (if you support efc not Rafael..) .
10th was about lowest we were all year, limp does not describe it.
Early season i did, we all did, just like we all should now, but as we went deeper into the season it just became more and more obvious we were going through the motions and Carlo wasnt arsed and the players had zero to keep them motivated, no fans, no management, that wont happen now.

We spent more than 1 billion on players since 1995.
1.000.000.000 on players, most of that of course since Moshiri. We should have squad depth...

It's time to let smart people handle things.
Its horrible when you think we dreamed about that kind of money a decade ago and when we got it didnt even look like progressing, if anything we went backwards..

Early season i did, we all did, just like we all should now, but as we went deeper into the season it just became more and more obvious we were going through the motions and Carlo wasnt arsed and the players had zero to keep them motivated, no fans, no management, that wont happen now.
I don't see how he wasn't arsed? It just looked like the players he had were sagged and he had no idea what to do. Looking at our team at that point neither did I. I don't think anyone did.
If we keep our first 11fit we are a decent team, if not we struggle.
Personally I think Rafael has got us fitter, has got us playing a system that suits us. But it's marginal and really hard to tell this early in season
Last year wasn't that bad, and trying to say last year and this year is night/day is just wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.