2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blimey, I am not that optimistic. I will be content with 8th. Last night someone explained that 7th gets you into the Europa Conference which was created to include teams from a wider range of countries to spread the experience of European football. You can travel long distances to play minor clubs. No thanks.

Doesn't matter what Morgan Schneiderlin and Gyfi Siggurdsson cost they aint in the squad.

We spent the 20th lowest amount in the summer, have a manager who's "crap" and is a "dinosaur" & 7 players injured 5 games in with awful recruitment.

Meanwhile Brighton have a top class manager and awesome recruitment.

If Brighton finish below us then that puts the Potterball myth to bed once and for all.
You really only deal in extremes, don't you? You can like Potter and Benitez. You can like Potter without thinking he's Guardiola. You can acknowledge that we've spent less than Brighton this season but also acknowledge that we had different squads to begin with.

Brighton's successes are not Everton's failures or vice versa.

Potterball isn't a thing outside of your imagination.

You need to take a chill pill, fella.

We're on course for 76 points, that would of got Everton second last season and most seasons top 3, I'll have a bit of that.
He’s had a good start but he won’t keep up this form. That’s not a dig at him but we haven’t played any of the top 6 yet. 12 games totalling 36 points. Even if the first 11 plus 3/4 other players in the squad we rotate in are in form that’s a big ask.

Even if he picks up half the points available from the games against last years top 6 that’s 58 points plus the games against teams like Villa that are in that bracket down have shown without a full strength team they aren’t full gone conclusions.

Obviously the team will get better at the system he wants to play and we may make some additions in January. I reckon we will finish on about 60-65 points. Which is progress and good enough for 6th on last seasons standings. I think it’s just the realities of the squad he’s working with

The loveables taking the piss - must admit I did laugh at this.

"Firstly, I would like to apologise to our fans for today's result. It was simply down to us not having enough preparation.

Evertonians need to understand that I'm a Liverpool fan through and through. So naturally, I've been on a 3 day bender since our win in Europe

At 4am I was singing ring of fire in Smokie Moes and at 9am they're forcing me on a coach down to the Midlands"

Rafael Benitez

What's the situation with our under 23s?
Aren't we able to bring some new blood that's raring to go amidst this ever lengthening injury list?

Status
Not open for further replies.