2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The worry always was would the fans turn on him. He is a coach and tactician so he is going to work things much better than the majority of our recent lot.

Ne's not in the clear yet though. Even if we get say 6 points from our next two, if we lose the two after it could become hostile quick. We need to be doing well up to the derby and get a result in that and fingers crossed then the season should play out without that issue.

If we lose a few and are sitting outside of Europe and then get hammered by them then it could derail us. Hopefully not.
It's early days, but we have a manager who adapts. I think that's important. He wont be hidebound to any theory. He'll choose the players and formation and tactics we need to get us out of any mini-slump we have.

We need a couple out who will only be dead weight (or worse, disruptive) and we need two more in to rotate the way he'll want to.

I just hope we get past Huddersfield in the cup because that might be one where he looks at and thinks: "that's one I rest this team with". And that would be a mistake in terms of momentum.

I just hope we get past Huddersfield in the cup because that might be one where he looks at and thinks: "that's one I rest this team with". And that would be a mistake in terms of momentum.

Or even just get a tune out of the 2nd 11 with a decent game plan that plays to their strengths. There is no reason why our fringe players can't beat Huddersfield if matched appropriately against their opposite numbers.

We shouldn't lose sight of the fact he's not been dealt a great hand since he took over.

Senior player suspended, very limited budget to work with, two players publically want out, starters isolating.

The haters will get their chance to hound 'Fat SW/Mess/Pig' out when we hit a bad patch, but signs OK so far.

Or even just get a tune out of the 2nd 11 with a decent game plan that plays to their strengths. There is no reason why our fringe players can't beat Huddersfield if matched appropriately against their opposite numbers.
They're 4 games into their season and they had a derby win today last minute at Sheff Utd. They'll need some handling at their place.

Status
Not open for further replies.