2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We seem to be playing a brand of football that isn't mind numbingly crap, we've scored 5 goals and could have scored more. Of the 3 goals we've conceded 2 have been of our own making. Things to improve on but if we can get to the next round of the cup and at least another 4 points from our next 2 league games then we can sort of have hope for a good season.

However that said it's early days yet, teams are also going to figure us out seeing we are a bit unknown at the moment under new management. When that happens it will be how we change to counter that.

We seem to be playing a brand of football that isn't mind numbingly crap, we've scored 5 goals and could have scored more. Of the 3 goals we've conceded 2 have been of our own making. Things to improve on but if we can get to the next round of the cup and at least another 4 points from our next 2 league games then we can sort of have hope for a good season.

However that said it's early days yet, teams are also going to figure us out seeing we are a bit unknown at the moment under new management. When that happens it will be how we change to counter that.
I have faith in this manager. He has experience and he's still hungry to prove the doubters wrong.

If he gets any backing with players in the next 10 days I think we'll do very well this season.

I have faith in this manager. He has experience and he's still hungry to prove the doubters wrong.

If he gets any backing with players in the next 10 days I think we'll do very well this season.

The worry always was would the fans turn on him. He is a coach and tactician so he is going to work things much better than the majority of our recent lot.

He's not in the clear yet though. Even if we get say 6 points from our next two, if we lose the two after it could become hostile quick. We need to be doing well up to the derby and get a result in that and fingers crossed then the season should play out without that issue.

If we lose a few and are sitting outside of Europe and then get hammered by them then it could derail us. Hopefully not.

I am pleased with the two PL results and performances so far. Would be beneficial to have some further activity in the transfer market both in and out but even with the current squad I am confident of improved performances and finishing position over last season. Seems we finally have a manager who knows what he is doing even though he does carry some baggage

Status
Not open for further replies.