2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so obvious we should use a 3 man centre-midfield by now to everyone except the manager. We need more defensive cover, and we need our wide players to get higher so they can actually impact the game.

Not when it will cost him millions, he won't. This is Moshiri's pick. Changing a manager after a few months at the first sign of jeopardy is a recipe for disaster. There isn't a manager in the world that will get a consistent tune of of the rabble that currently infests this club. We saw it with Carlo and we see it with Senor Benitez. They will get the odd melody here and there, but not consistently. A Graham Potter type is far more risky and could end in relegation. One thing I will say is that we currently have a perfect storm of mediocrity, injury, alleged sexual impropriety, and FFP restrictions that makes a relegation battle a possibility. Moshiri needs to double down on the courage of his convictions, back the manager financially in January, and sack his failed Director of Football.
Probably the more likely scenario, given that Benitez will need someone to throw under the bus.

Be honest, with DCL and Rico available we looked competitive in nearly every game, the football was a lot more exciting than under Carlo

:D

We played 3 games with both of them available ffs

Against Southampton, Leeds and Brighton. We got seven points, which is the minimum you'd expect.

Said it last week, and it was proved today, Richarlison and DCL don't help us control a game

Not when it will cost him millions, he won't. This is Moshiri's pick. Changing a manager after a few months at the first sign of jeopardy is a recipe for disaster. There isn't a manager in the world that will get a consistent tune of of the rabble that currently infests this club. We saw it with Carlo and we see it with Senor Benitez. They will get the odd melody here and there, but not consistently. A Graham Potter type is far more risky and could end in relegation. One thing I will say is that we currently have a perfect storm of mediocrity, injury, alleged sexual impropriety, and FFP restrictions that makes a relegation battle a possibility. Moshiri needs to double down on the courage of his convictions, back the manager financially in January, and sack his failed Director of Football.

MORE RONDONS

That sure seems like the answer to me

:D

We played 3 games with both of them available ffs

Against Southampton, Leeds and Brighton. We got seven points, which is the minimum you'd expect.

Said it last week, and it was proved today, Richarlison and DCL don't help us control a game

DCL absolutely does as he holds up the ball and links in other players, his hold up play eases pressure on the back and stops the ball coming straight back at them

I've seen enough of his set plays. If he doesn't change away from his truly horrific zonal system then we will continue to concede goals.

He's allowing a terrible set of players who will happily pass the buck to use a method which involves no level of personal responsibility. It's not working and will never work. Pick up your men and don't allow free headers. Non league players can do it, so there is no excuse.
Yes, I think after this shocker, he needs to realise two things. Rondon is done, and zonal system with these owls won't work

You can get away with it with Doucoure in there.

But not Davies.

Madness.
Davies-Gbamin-Allan should've been the midfield if not at the start of the game then certainly towards the end. Those goals have less of a chance of happening if a strong DM is sitting inbetween the lines stopping those balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.