2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Posters have to take a step back and ask themselves whether signing Rondon was a sensible move. Fans need to take a step back and wonder why the manager decided to drop a player who played well last game to fit in Iwobi.

The manager isn't very good. This was a terrible but predictable start given how the manager set us up. The wheels will come of quickly playing this bland style

Koeman
Silva
Alladyce
Ancelotti

So all have failed with this squad of players and you want to blame the current manager sat in 7th after spending £1.7m that we aint sat in the top 4 playing swashbuckling togger?

Behave lol lol lol

Koeman
Silva
Alladyce
Ancelotti

So all have failed with this squad of players and you want you blame the current manager sat in 7th after spending £1.7m that we aint sat in the top 4 playing swashbuckling togger?

Behave lol lol lol
I dont have an agenda. I just expect to see my team compete and we didn't compete physically today.

The signing of Rondon looks dreadful business so far.

My biggest criticism today is why was Gordon dropped for Iwobi. The manager needs to explain that because it sets an appalling precedent where you will be dropped for playing well and recalled for being consistently rubbish. I hated that decision. It goes against everything that matters in sport.

Name me a better CF who was on a free transfer and wanted to come?

Maybe there wasn't and thats my point mate its easy to fume at decisions made without the context of our financial constraints this summer.
Maybe there wasn’t but persisting with him during the game when he offers nothing is poor.As an Everton fan I would rather see Dobbin try and use his pace for 20 minutes,at least he would have put more effort in.

So we play with no CF against Norwich/Utd/West Ham meaning one of Gray or Townsend or whoever plays up top making us weaker out wide?

Genius.

Charlie “ no knees “ Austin would’ve been a much better short term option. There’s one for starters.

Even a 40 yr old Jon Stead, playing for Harrogate in league 2 would offer more.

Take your tongue out of the fat mans arse and admit he’s dropped a massive one with Rondon.

I dont have an agenda. I just expect to see my team compete and we didn't compete physically today.

The signing of Rondon looks dreadful business so far.

My biggest criticism today is why was Gordon dropped for Iwobi. The manager needs to explain that because it sets an appalling precedent where you will be dropped for playing well and recalled for being consistently rubbish. I hated that decision. It goes against everything that matters in sport.

Gordon didn't even do that much against Utd mate lets be honest not like he scored or grabbed an assist etc.

As I said people are just desperate to slate the manager and have deluded expectations of where this club is.

We are a 7th-11th quality team and you take our 2-3 of our best players and we struggle to even be that.

West Ham scraped past us it happens - Benitez didn't make Iwobi miss a sitter, Pickford to fumble what should be an easy catch or Godfrey to leave Ogbonna unmarked...

Only thing he could have tried is Gray moving up top but he has done that before which didnt work.

Fans just have to take a step back with the fume and realise no DCL & no Richarlison has our backs uo against the wall massively against teams who are around our level.

We barely scraped past a hapless Norwich side.

And unfortunately the money wasn't there this season for the manager to spend £27 million on a Tosun or Kean like previous managers have had the luxury of doing.
Mate he can’t be excused for this signing, a year contract with an option of 2 years pending his performances. Nobody is expecting him to have 4-5 goals but maybe 1 and at least being a nuisance up front. He came in and his interview saying ‘I don’t care if you have a bad game blah blah but you must put 100% effort in or you will have to deal with in the dressing room’
I guarantee he’s ran less and touched the ball less than any other player in every single game he’s played.

Charlie “ no knees “ Austin would’ve been a much better short term option. There’s one for starters.

Even a 40 yr old Jon Stead, playing for Harrogate in league 2 would offer more.

Take your tongue out of the fat mans arse and admit he’s dropped a massive one with Rondon.

Charlie Austin would have cost a fee though thats the point.

Blame Brands for pishing money away the last 3 summers thats why we had to sign Rondon and not be able to lash £30 million on a Danny Ings...

Koeman
Silva
Alladyce
Ancelotti

So all have failed with this squad of players and you want to blame the current manager sat in 7th after spending £1.7m that we aint sat in the top 4 playing swashbuckling togger?

Behave lol lol lol

Are people actually saying any of this though? (I mean they may be, I have not read everything).

You can support him and still say he got it wrong today, because he did. Happens to all managers.

Mate he can’t be excused for this signing, a year contract with an option of 2 years pending his performances. Nobody is expecting him to have 4-5 goals but maybe 1 and at least being a nuisance up front. He came in and his interview saying ‘I don’t care if you have a bad game blah blah but you must put 100% effort in or you will have to deal with in the dressing room’
I guarantee he’s ran less and touched the ball less than any other player in every single game he’s played.
Think rondon is a two year deal with an option for a 3rd year

Gordon didn't even do that much against Utd mate lets be honest not like he scored or grabbed an assist etc.

As I said people are just desperate to slate the manager and have deluded expectations of where this club is.

We are a 7th-11th quality team and you take our 2-3 of our best players and we struggle to even be that.

West Ham scraped past us it happens - Benitez didn't make Iwobi miss a sitter, Pickford to fumble what should be an easy catch or Godfrey to leave Ogbonna unmarked...
They didn’t “scrape” past us at all, they utterly dominated (IMO) and did the bare minimum they had to secure the 3 points. They only had to defend in earnest for the last 5 mins.

fwiw, iwobi has done nothing at all in any of his appearances for Everton football club since his £28m move from arsenal. That’s exactly why Gordon should be starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.