2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who comes in for Rondon though?

We all think we know better than the manager but maybe Dobbin is just not good enough.
Maybe the manager got it completely wrong by signing Rondon who looks totally unfit, disinterested and out of his depth at this level.

Once Tosun is fit then I would genuinely favour Tosun. Thats how embarrassed I am by these performances.

Wrong team selection today needed a 3rd midfielder, plus persisting with Iwobi & Rondon - baffling- awful performance- the new 6 ft 3 inch striker from Sheffield United sight must be better than Rondon .....

Mina would offer much more, seriously.

Just as he takes credit for Townsend and Gray, he’s got to take the heat that’s coming for giving that turd a two year contract.

Only thing he could have tried is Gray moving up top but he has done that before which didnt work.

Fans just have to take a step back with the fume and realise no DCL & no Richarlison has our backs uo against the wall massively against teams who are around our level.

We barely scraped past a hapless Norwich side.

And unfortunately the money wasn't there this season for the manager to spend £27 million on a Tosun or Kean like previous managers have had the luxury of doing.

I've said on here a few times that I'm anxiously looking at the 40 point mark this season, regardless of how we've started the season. That squad is horrible.

Nah, we'll be mid-table because that's what we are.

We've played two sides so far this year that I'd say are realistically two teams that will be pushing for top 7/8, and even with the injuries as a caveat, have for me being shown up in both of them, even though the general level of performance hasn't been much worse than in other games. It's just in the other games (Southampton, Burnley, Norwich) we've played teams poorer than us and had that edge.

Outliers are the Brighton game and Man Utd game. Brighton, we controlled them but we were helped by the fact they want to play through teams, and we can deal with that any day. We're crap at defending attacks from out wide though, unless Mina is there to meet a cross. Man Utd was a really good performance but we're helped by OGS being hopeless.

Leeds is probably the one game that, for me, we didn't get as much as we deserved.

I like the 'idea' of being a counter attacking side with the pace of DCL, Gray and Richarlison and the drive of Doucoure.

However, its not getting the best out of Godfrey or Digne who are two players best when on the front foot playing higher up the pitch.

At this stage we may as well sell Digne and Godfrey and just sign pure defensive players.

Will be interesting to see what type of right back we sign.

Only thing he could have tried is Gray moving up top but he has done that before which didnt work.

Fans just have to take a step back with the fume and realise no DCL & no Richarlison has our backs uo against the wall massively against teams who are around our level.

And unfortunately the money wasn't there this season for the manager to spend £27 million on a Tosun or Kean like previous managers have had the luxury of doing.
The issue isn't what RB could have done today mate. It's the club giving him full backing to chase Rondon all summer.

I said all along, it ain't just a fitness issue. He's awful. But Benitez had a hard on for him.

Maybe the manager got it completely wrong by signing Rondon who looks totally unfit, disinterested and out of his depth at this level.

Once Tosun is fit then I would genuinely favour Tosun. Thats how embarrassed I am by these performances.
Don't think he's disinterested tbf, I think he's just awful

Posters have to take a step back and ask themselves whether signing Rondon was a sensible move. Fans need to take a step back and wonder why the manager decided to drop a player who played well last game to fit in Iwobi.

The manager isn't very good. This was a terrible but predictable start given how the manager set us up. The wheels will come of quickly playing this bland style of football.

The issue isn't what RB could have done today mate. It's the club giving him full backing to chase Rondon all summer.

I said all along, it ain't just a fitness issue. He's awful. But Benitez had a hard on for him.

Name me a better CF who was on a free transfer and wanted to come?

Maybe there wasn't and thats my point mate its easy to fume at decisions made without the context of our financial constraints this summer.

Rubbish.

Rondon is 100% on him.

The manager dropped a bollock today in starting Iwobi over Gordon who was pacey, direct and purposeful for much of the game away at Man Utd, everything that Iwobi has never ever offered a glimpse of bar 1 game at Fulham as a wing back. The decision was compounded by leaving Iwobi on for 80 baffling minutes doing his best to look like someone who has won a competition to play at Goodison. Far more positives than negatives this season for the manager but today was uninspiring.

How exactly could a keen, pacey youngster have offered less than Rondon today? at least the 2 West Ham centre backs would of had to take it in turns on their reclining chairs

Couldn’t believe that decision on Gordon, lad put in a top performance at Old Trafford, fully deserved to keep the jersey today and should have.

Status
Not open for further replies.