2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only doubt I have about him is if the owners dont keep their end of the bargain and leave him without cash to reconstruct this team the way he wants it and the speed he wants it at. That could have him unhappy and creating waves in the media for them.

He is so obviously strategically way ahead of all but the very best managers in this league.
I actually believe he is right up there with the best, Tuchel and Klopp are exceptional, but I'm not sure they could outdo Rafael with the same set of resources. I have never liked Rafael for the same reasons as everyone else, but I have always admired his skill and commitment and was quietly pleased when we signed him. My hope now is that he can really put some firm foundations in place and teach Moshiri how to run a football club.

Sorry mate the Wolfpac has won the war :pint2:

Its like occupied France mate, you will always get a few thinking the Germans are great and lift their skirts. It’s up to La Resistance to lead the way. It won’t be easy, we will be dogged, ridiculed, mocked. But we will take it, why, because we can take it, we know right from wrong, we know the fight we’re in for the soul of the club. No collaboration with occupied Everton.

When the battle is over and victory won, we will welcome back our confused brothers, forgiven always, forgotten though, no. They will know, we will know.

As the years pass, as we bring our sons and even grandsons to games, they will look into our faces and ask “Grandad when “he“ was manager, did you stand tall and deny him?” - ”Yes, son, no surrender”.

And Thus La Resistance lives on.

I actually believe he is right up there with the best, Tuchel and Klopp are exceptional, but I'm not sure they could outdo Rafael with the same set of resources. I have never liked Rafael for the same reasons as everyone else, but I have always admired his skill and commitment and was quietly pleased when we signed him. My hope now is that he can really put some firm foundations in place and teach Moshiri how to run a football club.
His influence was there for all to see in that game: second half dont go mad and try and push for an equaliser; we'd get a chance eventually and to be patient for it.

Very good performance today, a point at Old Trafford is always a decent result, we got a draw there last season, but, it was a crazy game. United absolutely mauled us for an hour last season and then fell apart when we scored and allowed us back in. Today’s game was much different, we controlled the game and for long spells in the second half, it seemed that we would be the more likely of the two sides to get a winner.

When you take into account the injuries, which see us having to play Rondon up front, this was an impressive performance. Surprisingly, a lot of our football was very easy on the eye today. I think it is all going well for Benitez so far, but, I still have doubts about the reaction, if and when he has a bad run of results. I’ll never be a fan of his, but, I am enjoying some of the stuff we have been playing, in flashes, up to now this season. This display, however was different, it was an aggressive, efficient, controlled performance. Long may it continue.

As much as i really hate the guy, klopp took over a terrible liverpool team and won the league and UCL in the space of a couple of years, he has done wonders.

Was a bit bemused by his appointment but happy to say, it’s the first time we look like we have an effective game plan since the first season of Martinez.
He lucked out inheriting Allan and Doucoure mind you.
Yeah but that completely balanced out with some of the garbage he’s inherited such as Delph and Kenny…the nothingness of Iwobi, Gomes and Davies and the problems brought by Gylfi, Kean and Rodriguez.

Status
Not open for further replies.