2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he has now, a loss against Villa hasnt dented it because of the injuries and while QPR is very annoying, and i was disapointed he didnt go full strength there reasons why are obvious and the startting 11 should still have won, we are going in the right direction.

Correct.

I didnt want him but hes had a good start, only one league defeat so far. Yes we went out of the cup but thats hardly new considering weve never ever won the blooming thing.

I forgot to add that playing Rondon twice in four days despite the fact he’s in his knees after 15 mins, showed that he has no issue playing players who were slightly unfit.

James made the decision he didn’t want to play, and Rafael is a scapegoat, naturally.

If James really wanted to play, like Rondon did, then he’d have played.

Regardless of whether the manager says or not?

You're not taking that into account. How do you know James didn't say that was fit and available, and Fatty said nope.

I’m not sure there are that many against him , in my opinion they definitely aren’t as pro him as you’d expect them to be after a very decent run of form as manager (until your last two games ) .

look it’s all about opinions and mine , for all it’s worth is he basically doesn’t bank credit like you’d expect almost every other manager to do . Coming back from behind to win a manager would be gaining credit but I think his evaporates relatively quickly after defeats If that makes sense ?
Thanks, yes that makes perfect sense.

As long as we can see an improvement in performance andd results, he'll be backed. The fans know the financial situation isn't great at the moment so that's an extra thing that has to be dealt with.

Hopefully the sale of James, as much as it is a shame, will help with that situation come January and we get to see progress.

Regardless of whether the manager says or not?

You're not taking that into account. How do you know James didn't say that was fit and available, and Fatty said nope.

We’ll straight away, referring to him as “fatty” makes me think you’re going to blame Benitez immediately.

All I’ve seen is James act unprofessionally in his tenure at Everton, when he plays great, but never at goodison, getting off before the last game, complaining of fatigue…

Everyone fumed at Iwobi for posting a picture of him on a private jet, jet no one cared when it was James, and we needed to win to get in Europe… but nope, off he went.

I’m not saying I’m pro Benitez, but let’s be real. If James wants to play for Everton he plays. I refuse to believe that Rafael would actively choose to play JJK ahead of James, if he was up for it.

Correct.

I didnt want him but hes had a good start, only one league defeat so far. Yes we went out of the cup but thats hardly new considering weve never ever won the blooming thing.
This is a good point, people are acting like going out in a cup to a lower league team isnt something we are used too, its happened a few times over the last decade when we didnt have loads of injuries, also the last 4 pk shoot outs we have had we lost on

“IF” we win at weekend….he’s made a very good start.
There’s absolutely no denying that at that point.

Obviously he won’t get any slaps on the back for beating Norwich, but just for context, we lost to them at home with Silva and Ratcelotti lost at home to Sheff Utd and Fulham last season, thus proving nothing can be taken for granted in the PL.

to be on 13 points after 6 games would be sound and it’s points gained against teams we need to be getting them off, because we are getting sod all off any of the top 4-6 this season with this squad.

Honestly cannot believe some of the negativity about benitez. Great start to the season, best football in years. Loses 4 key players to injury, no fault of his own and lose a game with villa that was 50/50 until 65 mins and we didn't have any quality to bring on due to injury. Lose on pens away to a tricky looking micky mouse cup tie and all the haters come out.

I mean come on, what do you guys want? Another 3 seasons of transition. Or to move forward with a solid manager with a solid plan going into the new stadium? I know what I want

We’ll straight away, referring to him as “fatty” makes me think you’re going to blame Benitez immediately.

All I’ve seen is James act unprofessionally in his tenure at Everton, when he plays great, but never at goodison, getting off before the last game, complaining of fatigue…

Everyone fumed at Iwobi for posting a picture of him on a private jet, jet no one cared when it was James, and we needed to win to get in Europe… but nope, off he went.

I’m not saying I’m pro Benitez, but let’s be real. If James wants to play for Everton he plays. I refuse to believe that Rafael would actively choose to play JJK ahead of James, if he was up for it.

He was injured. Whats the point in sticking around to wave at no fans in an empty stadium? As for Europe, he was injured from the end of Feb so hardly his fault is it.

As for nobody caring, he got massive stick for posting a photo of himself in Ibiza on a yacht - as for the end of last season, he hadn't seen his family in almost a year so went to see them, Iwobi just buggered off on his jollies. Bit different.

Carlo couldnt even get him to play the end of last season, if Carlo couldnt Raffy had no chance.

Raffy?

Did you expect Ancelotti to pick him to play with an ongoing calf injury then? He declared himself fit attention beginning of this season, Benitez just didn't pick him.

Honestly cannot believe some of the negativity about benitez. Great start to the season, best football in years. Loses 4 key players to injury, no fault of his own and lose a game with villa that was 50/50 until 65 mins and we didn't have any quality to bring on due to injury. Lose on pens away to a tricky looking micky mouse cup tie and all the haters come out.

I mean come on, what do you guys want? Another 3 seasons of transition. Or to move forward with a solid manager with a solid plan going into the new stadium? I know what I want

LOL

We haven't had a good first half yet this season and have just been rinsed by QPR. Got lucky against Leeds and got a spanking by Villa.

He was injured. Whats the point in sticking around to wave at no fans in an empty stadium? As for Europe, he was injured from the end of Feb so hardly his fault is it.

As for nobody caring, he got massive stick for posting a photo of himself in Ibiza on a yacht - as for the end of last season, he hadn't seen his family in almost a year so went to see them, Iwobi just buggered off on his jollies. Bit different.

You really don't deserve my time replying based on the fact you're justifying James missing a game, in which we needed to qualify for Europe, but Iwobi, waited until the end of the season, and he's getting flack.

James was fit, as per Everton.

James fit for Copa America, say Everton.

So straight away, your anti-Benitez agenda won't cut with me.

I believe the reason for him getting stick is cause it was showing his as in Costa Rica, which is currently a red listed country. He didn't see his family, but is a professional and taking home a very handsome cut at the end of every week. But no, he can't wait 4-5 more days. We needed to win, and James was not injured interested. It's a team sport, so by your input, when Coleman broke his leg, should he of not been bothered where we were in the table, cause he was injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.