2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Football wise remains to be seen, some good , some worrying. Looking at his immediate past some would say he's past it. His ego is already causing problems and keeping the wrong press in the papers.

The fact that he's a Liverpool doesn't sit comfortably with myself and many others that's a facht.

My main concern is how comfortable this job is for him. There's no new city, moving house etc. How motivated to make it work does he truly have to be some may wonder.
I think it’s far from comfortable, he’s under pressure from day one. And if he doesn’t show signs of moving this team forward he will be gone.

A post so muddle headed and wrong about everything it's difficult to know where to start with it.
For one of the few times you're correct.
It's not Benitez's fault the mess he is in but he will take the consequences from the fans. My main gripe will be not having a certain player on the bench when he's obviously needed. And he isn't helping himself by not explaining why.

Football wise remains to be seen, some good , some worrying. Looking at his immediate past some would say he's past it. His ego is already causing problems and keeping the wrong press in the papers.

The fact that he's a Liverpool doesn't sit comfortably with myself and many others that's a facht.

My main concern is how comfortable this job is for him. There's no new city, moving house etc. How motivated to make it work does he truly have to be some may wonder.

As I say footballing things are worthy of discussion and there are valid arguments to be made on both sides.

Anything to do with his previous employers should be left at the door, i couldn't care less that he managed them, I'm concentrated on his ability to manage our football club. People banging on about "ooh, he called us a small club" like children lost in a conversation stamping their feet and unable to grasp the full picture.

It's a fair point about his living in tge region however i personally think it would work in the opposite direction. I would think he would be more motivated to keep a massive job and massively well paid job in the area he calls home.

I know I have in my personal life, worked up and down the country and now back in Bristol where i call home and I don't think if things are tough at work I'll look elsewhere, this is where i want to be and I'll work extra hard to make it work. Of course I wouldn't like to suggest I know the inner workings of his mind but it's certainly a possibility. From what I've seen so far there's no signs of lack of motivation and he's been professional and dedicated to his task in keeping with the rest of his managerial career.

For one of the few times you're correct.
It's not Benitez's fault the mess he is in but he will take the consequences from the fans. My main gripe will be not having a certain player on the bench when he's obviously needed. And he isn't helping himself by not explaining why.

He doesn't have to.

He's the boss and James is nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.