2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we change our minds and have Potterball? ?

1632064222385.png

View attachment 139485
I'll answer that when he has the incredible bad luck with injuries to all the teams top players like we always suffer. I don't think the great Howard Kendall could have done much to save us yesterday with that team, and more importantly the bench we had.

I'll answer that when he has the incredible bad luck with injuries to all the teams top players like we always suffer. I don't think the great Howard Kendall could have done much to save us yesterday with that team, and more importantly the bench we had.

That may be but alot of other teams dont suffer the amount of injuries we do, or have a big enough squad to cope...

Obviously time will tell, I`ll say it again that I wish any manager the very best and would love Rafael to bring any form of success to Everton.

Did I want Rafael? No
Do I think he can bring success? No, probably more to do with the club than manager
Will I back him? Yes, to the hilt as I want the best for this club
Will I ask questions of him? Yes I think everyone needs to be kept on their toes by the fans, doesn`t mean I want him sacked

That may be but alot of other teams dont suffer the amount of injuries we do, or have a big enough squad to cope...

Obviously time will tell, I`ll say it again that I wish any manager the very best and would love Rafael to bring any form of success to Everton.

Did I want Rafael? No
Do I think he can bring success? No, probably more to do with the club than manager
Will I back him? Yes, to the hilt as I want the best for this club
Will I ask questions of him? Yes I think everyone needs to be kept on their toes by the fans, doesn`t mean I want him sacked
Nice one mate, again a balanced, decent and proper reply. ;) Rafael aside I'm as baffled and bemused as you on how we simply can't keep our squad fit. It's gone on for a long time now and it surely all can't just be put down to bad luck. We drop like flies on a weekly basis, killing any tiny hope of continuity. Not many managers in the world could cope with that and the reserves we have.

Nice one mate, again a balanced, decent and proper reply. ;) Rafael aside I'm as baffled and bemused as you on how we simply can't keep our squad fit. It's gone on for a long time now and it surely all can't just be put down to bad luck. We drop like flies on a weekly basis, killing any tiny hope of continuity. Not many managers in the world could cope with that and the reserves we have.
I agree, just shows how weak we are outside our starting eleven.

As a group I think continuity/momentum are so important, which it looked like we were getting until yesterday...

Yes I know we will put him under pressure , but will he care ? He's literally sacrificed nothing for the job. It's so comfortable.
Yes but you could question every single manager who gets the job. Or every trip player you buy and put on a big wage. Unless you hire a young manager who’s only managed at a lower level. And then the fans will question your ambition as a club.

We can’t really win, all we can do is wait and see

Two points ahead of us. We smashed them at thier place. Yeah let's swap managers.

It was tongue in cheek hence the emoji, some on here were on the Potterball bandwagon. One to keep an eye on for sure, dont forget Moyes took a nearly relegated West Ham side in to Europe, could Potter do the same?

View attachment 139485
I like potter, they’ve had a bit of luck, Burnley had plenty of chances from 1 nil up. And they score 2 late goals. Didn’t they get a late winner last week? And today, they got a very soft penalty. And Leicester had 2 goals disallowed, the 2nd was a shocking decision.

Last season I think they got 40 something points, their expected points was 59. I’d imagine their expected points so far is more 7/8. Not 12

Personally, Rafá Benitez has my full backing until such a time it becomes obvious that things are starting to go belly-up.
Like I've said before, any new manager needs a few 'windows' and some time to bring in the players they want/need, implement a system, and have the team playing the way they want them to play. It's going to be a little different for Rafá because of our financial restraints, Gylfi Sigurdsson being on 'Garden Leave', James signing his own sick notes, and our 'bad luck' with injuries. For the moment we're not doing too badly results-wise really, so no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.