2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

We've had his best days, he's almost 29. Yes, in all likelihood, he has passed his peak. Evertonians lament why somebody like Coleman is still stinking out the place - and the reason is simple: he should have been replaced at least three years ago. He had peaked, just as Digne has. Now, he is a drain on resources and has no sell-on value. This club cannot afford to become a retirement home.

The club needs to find a ruthless streak with recruitment. Coleman should have been off-loaded in 2017/18. There would have been dissent then as with Digne now, but it would have been the right thing to do.
Digne didn't break his leg.

That was the reason Coleman needed to be eased out the team, it wasn't due to his performances at that time. It was because he was shithoused in an international game and the injury affected his performance.

And Coleman didn't need offloading at that point, what you do is bring in a younger understudy to eventually take his place. That's what we did with Baines.

Baines was still starting games for us at the age of 33 and he was eased out the squad at that time.

Using Digne's age as an argument for selling one of our best players with 4 years left of good service to a direct rival to cover up for the managers pettiness. Lol

The fatmans binned off one of our best players and left a kid with such a steep learning curve that I'm not sure he'll recover from it.

Absolutely baffling team selection that reeked of misplaced arrogance. I mean your job is hanging by a thread it's a must win game and that is the best you can do.
It's only baffling if you assume Rafael wanted to stay in the job week on week with all the pressure, animosity, in a no-win situation instead of pretend like you do but secretly you want that seven-figure payoff and to be on your way.

Digne didn't break his leg.

That was the reason Coleman needed to be eased out the team, it wasn't due to his performances at that time. It was because he was shithoused in an international game and the injury affected his performance.

And Coleman didn't need offloading at that point, what you do is bring in a younger understudy to eventually take his place. That's what we did with Baines.

Baines was still starting games for us at the age of 33 and he was eased out the squad at that time.

Using Digne's age as an argument for selling one of our best players with 4 years left of good service to a direct rival to cover up for the managers pettiness. Lol

The fatmans binned off one of our best players and left a kid with such a steep learning curve that I'm not sure he'll recover from it.
Coleman was in decline before the leg break. Many of us called it then.

Digne had a serious injury. He's not really been the same player since.

All of these things are, obviously, fine judgements. But I can't fault the club for selling Digne right now for the price they got. I may, in time, fault the decision-making that selected a failed replacement, but on its own terms the economics of this decision are good.

I wanted Nunes, but it seems that would have ended in disaster too! This club is a friggin’ disaster from top to bottom. I’m looking out for when it gets officially announced, but my fears outweigh any kind of optimism for what the future holds. Right now we’re like a big stinking turd!

Technically speaking, he's still at the club. Do we train on Sunday? I don't want him anywhere near the players anymore :rant:
Today will be a day off for the players, some may come into FF for recovery work with the physios if needs be. Either way, Monday's training will surely be taken by Dunc & Co, even if the club haven't made any official announcement by this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.