2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily. May be a lot of things to iron out, maybe Moshiri want's to meet Benny in person, maybe the lawyers from both sides are required - who knows. Could be a whole load of things that may not have been able to happen Saturday night or first thing Sunday morning.

I'm sure it's all but done, and when everything is signed and sealed, the club will announce it. Maybe today, maybe tomorrow. The wheels will be in motion.

What is hard about saying " you are fired" ? sort out the bits later.

Agree with an awful lot of that and can’t fault it other than Gareth Southgate. I just don’t think he’s a very good manager, found his level dicking on San Marino.
At this particular moment in time if we had a manager who could pick a team and a formation that could beat the teams at the bottom of the table I would be content. Given a free hand I wouldn’t go near Southgate, I would go for someone at the very top of his game but Everton are not going to attract that sort of manager. We won’t get someone who is very good. What I don’t want is someone average coming in thinking this is his big chance to make his name and going gung-ho and setting us back again. Any other club who have suffered the run of form we have suffered over the last few months who have had the manager sacked, here we are following a defeat by Watford still deliberating. If I had my way I wouldn’t have allowed him into the changing room following the game, I would have sacked him on the pitch. But if I had my way he wouldn’t have been at Norwich.
We simply can’t go into another game with him in the dugout, we can’t go into anther game with his mate Rondon on the team, what do the board think is going to happen next week at Goodson if he is still there, how do the board think fans will react when they see a man who is destroying our club is in charge while one of our own is playing against us and while a cart horse of a centre forward trundles about the pitch.

Not wishing to derail the 'Make Glorious Fatty Kopite Is Departure' thread, but I'm itching to know what your bourbon is.
EH Taylor single Barrel

Attachments

• 106854.jpeg
    106854.jpeg
    451.5 KB · Views: 43

My wife and I went to a Kentucky this summer for a vacation, hit up a lot of distilleries there but nothing SUPER rare. Bunch of Buffalo Trace, some Weller, 4 Roses, etc. Came back home and the next week my local literal closest liquor store had Eagle Rare, Blantons, EH Taylor and George T Stagg for sale. The George sold almost immediately which is a bummer. Later this year I won a lottery for the Single Barrel. Can't believe it, seems amazing but def want to wait.

What is hard about saying " you are fired" ? sort out the bits later.
Because at the high/executive level with complex contracts (of which we do not know the specifics here) things don't work quite as simple as a reality tv show with a gimmicky catchphrase.

Add to the fact, we do not know what Moshiri's chosen approach to this process is. He may want to meet in person with the board or with Rafael or both, which he may not have been able to do last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.