2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We started to face better opposition and Benitez’ luck ran out. If you cast your mind back the only truly confident controlled performance in that run was Brighton away. The rest of the games we had little possession and looked second best for most of the games, but, a 10 or 15 minute purple patch was enough for us to get a win.

Before anybody cites Manchester United away, they were in an even bigger mess than we were, when we went to Old Trafford and they still outclassed us for about an hour of the match. The football, on the whole, has been about the worst on display in the premier league this season. Even Burnley fans wouldn’t enjoy it.

Most of the time we haven't started playing until the second half when chasing a game after being a goal or two down.

Wouldn’t be at all surprised if he’s Newcastle manager in 2 weeks time. It’s the only reason I can think of as to why he started Rondon yesterday. If a poll was done on here regarding that nobody would say he should of started . Doesn’t make sense .

Today will be a day off for the players, some may come into FF for recovery work with the physios if needs be. Either way, Monday's training will surely be taken by Dunc & Co, even if the club haven't made any official announcement by this evening.

So you're saying our Tom is in the physio room on his own? He's our only absentee at the moment. Poor Tom.

Wouldn’t be at all surprised if he’s Newcastle manager in 2 weeks time. It’s the only reason I can think of as to why he started Rondon yesterday. If a poll was done on here regarding that nobody would say he should of started . Doesn’t make sense .
Christ, I would love that as the window would still be open(barely). He could take Rondon back with him for free.

I'm not sure he'll go, Moshiri has to say he was wrong in the first place....I cant see him doing that, especially after throwing Brands out, he was clearly showing the fans that he was putting all the blame on him.
Moshiri was gambling on Rafael, plain and simple. He gave him the benefit of the doubt / bought the lines about "we'll be better in the 2nd half of the year when injuries clear" and "I need to bring a few players in". As much as Moshiri doubled-down on him after booting Brands and as much as Moshiri wanted Rafael to work out, the Norwich debacle and the results so far show the failed experiment clear as day for what it is.

Absolute bottom line: Moshiri cannot risk his half billion investment slumping out of the richest league in the world with no guarantees of returning. He'd sack a dozen managers to prevent that if he had to.

This really.
But
Before he was appointed - he was a rs
If he does poorly - he was a rs
If he does well...we'll all take the success, because who don't like winning, but well never hear the end of it from the neighbours because - he was a rs.
If the squad...as seems to be oft times, their habit, lay down and throw him under the bus, it won't be because - he's a rs.
If / when he gets the sack or quits, we'll be glad to see him go because - he was a rs...and well probably be in worse strife than we are now, but it won't be all his fault - even If he was a rs.

So, to sum up - take it One game at a time and re-evaluate around Halloween / Bommy night...even if he is a rs.
I am
Re-evaluate at Halloween Bommy night
One game at a time...like every team and / or manager, your not as good or bad as your Last game, you're only as good or bad as your Next game.

anyway, who is this (alleged, without prejudice etc) snake in the grass Osman ( the name rings a slight bell) of whom you speak of in such glowing terms as example to base your whole case on.
And since then his Next games have been gash.

Taxi Time.

Moshiri was gambling on Rafael, plain and simple. He gave him the benefit of the doubt / bought the lines about "we'll be better in the 2nd half of the year when injuries clear" and "I need to bring a few players in". As much as Moshiri doubled-down on him after booting Brands and as much as Moshiri wanted Rafael to work out, the Norwich debacle and the results so far show the failed experiment clear as day for what it is.

Absolute bottom line: Moshiri cannot risk his half billion investment slumping out of the richest league in the world with no guarantees of returning. He'd sack a dozen managers to prevent that if he had to.
Good post mate. It was a gamble and many on here myself included felt it would bring the club some stability and maybe offload some of the dross and make us better . All it has done is divided the fan base worse than I can ever remember and turned in equally bad performances . As it stands whoever we appoint cannot be any worse and we just need to win some games quickly . The board must act fast as yesterday for me was simply 3 points wasted .

So you're saying our Tom is in the physio room on his own? He's our only absentee at the moment. Poor Tom.
I'm sure he'll have a few buddies around. Recovery work is mostly check ups and massages and the like for those who need it; maybe a bit of very light gym work, yoga or swimming etc, or for those players who are sore after a match day and need physio attention but not techincally 'injured'. There's probably always one or two around FF for a few hours on a day off.

Status
Not open for further replies.