2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
100%

Outside of a pocket of individual games (4-0 against City under Koeman) (4-0 against Utd under Silva) that 2nd half was "Everton' and what made us effective under Moyes.

No tippy tappy passes sideways and back, no sterile atmosphere just energy, pace, direct and aggressive play.

Get rid of 3-4 in that side and replace with quality who have pace/power/energy and we'll be going places I have no doubt about that.
We have something to build on with a core of players that are "decent enough".

Rome most certainly wasn't built in a day, but a good start for the manager. Basic levels of good attitude, organisation, and commitment go a long way.

Get a few more results, and hopefully the addition of 2 or 3 players on deadline day / week, plus shifting out those who won't have a part to play, and things look a lot brighter than people might have thought.

I'm still a firm believer that the right signing at the right time trumps lashing out £30m on one of Brands' wildcards. Even if it's on loan, the right signing can make a huge difference, regardless of the money spent or not spent.

Being forced into a position where getting value is foremost might actually help us out, as it did in the Moyes era.

Bar one season under Martinez, the football since Moyes has been poor to horrendous.

It really has been bad to watch, particularly the last three seasons. Most turgid football of my entire supporting career.

With Arteta, Cahill and Fellaini in the middle we did play some good togger. I know some people can’t change their minds, but it is true non the less,

Makes me laugh how people think us getting tonked by sides like Norwich at home and falling into the bottom 3 is "progressive" football because we dominated possession/passed it around.

Everton are dogs of war - long may it continue.

He is smart enough to switch Richy and Gray, Holgate and Keane.
I don't like direct football, hit and run or hit and hope but I wish they will play better with times.
And I credit him for defending corner and set piece :bye:
I’m completely fed up with the aimless pass out the back football. I very much doubt that from a restart it gets us any better position than a goal kick. Most of the time we lose the ball out of play or lose it in a dangerous position.

It has its place as variation prevents the opposition from working us out, but I’m not a fan.

We have something to build on with a core of players that are "decent enough".

Rome most certainly wasn't built in a day, but a good start for the manager. Basic levels of good attitude, organisation, and commitment go a long way.

Get a few more results, and hopefully the addition of 2 or 3 players on deadline day / week, plus shifting out those who won't have a part to play, and things look a lot brighter than people might have thought.

I'm still a firm believer that the right signing at the right time trumps lashing out £30m on one of Brands' wildcards. Even if it's on loan, the right signing can make a huge difference, regardless of the money spent or not spent.

Being forced into a position where getting value is foremost might actually help us out, as it did in the Moyes era.
Let us hope that Benitez is not content with top 8 positions and doesn't laud himself as a success if he acheives it. There is a difference is acheiving it and being content with it. Hopefully Benitez has higher aims and doesn't pat himself on the back for top 8

100%

Outside of a pocket of individual games (4-0 against City under Koeman) (4-0 against Utd under Silva) that 2nd half was "Everton' and what made us effective under Moyes.

No tippy tappy passes sideways and back, no sterile atmosphere just energy, pace, direct and aggressive play.

Get rid of 3-4 in that side and replace with quality who have pace/power/energy and we'll be going places I have no doubt about that.

You’ve become a parody account.

Obviously too early to judge but good to see reaction from fans and much more intensity in our play.

Doesn't matter how experienced you are, he must have been nervous about today and handled it well.

Good post match I/view too.

Status
Not open for further replies.