2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most entertaining football since Moyes - direct, quick, aggressive, effort everything we have lacked for years - great result and the manager & players deserve the plaudits.

NEA thats how Everton play none of this 500 passes sideways and back that the futbol hipsters in the fanbase crave that see's us in the bottom 3

Time for the Cult to drop their weapons, stand down and give time to the Rafatollah to rebuild this squad.
Martinez football was more entertaining than that. Did you watch the first half?

It's one game, won by a player he hasn't had a chance to coach yet. He has a long way to go before he earns any respect.

decent win like, hopefully we start better and hopefully he learns never to play Holgate and Keane again. Early doors but i like what we see, Southampton are rubbish tho so hopefully we turn up when we play a good side.

Martinez football was more entertaining than that. Did you watch the first half?

It's one game, won by a player he hasn't had a chance to coach yet. He has a long way to go before he earns any respect.

Maybe in his first fluke season built on MOYES defence - the following two were an absolute slog.

I watched the first half and it was a decent start ruined by one of the usual suspects putting us under uneccessary pressure in which our heads dropped and their tales were up.

Benitez sorted them out and we absolutely bossed it 2nd half.

Still a long way to go as the squad still isn't good enough with the likes of Keane, holgate, Iwobi & Coleman too prone to making mistakes that ultimately cost us.

Oh wow there’s new lows going on now

“the best we’ve played since Moyes”

giphy.gif

Poor in the first half good in the second half, good result, but we were playing a very poor team who will, in all probability, find themselves in a relegation scrap this season.

Still and all, you can only beat what is in front of you, so, a very good and much needed result for Benitez.

Last season I was very vocal about how bad we reacted when we conceded first and that I never felt confident we would ever comeback and win games and the best we would do is scrape a draw

Here is an interesting fact

Ancelotti - 58 league games with Everton and only 2 comebacks to win a game after conceding first

Benitez - 1 league game with Everton and 1 comeback win

That's why I'm of the opinion he tore them a new one, second half was much better, if they play with that intensity all the time they'll be fine
He seems like the kind of guy that could never raise his voice and have a man crying. He's just blunt which is why most Everton fans that do hate him, hate him

Status
Not open for further replies.