2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess as long as he is getting his millions then that’s all it matters, that seems to happen to often at this Club.
All clubs. A sign of the times unfortunately.
James staying seems like another fast ball toss at Benitez. Seems the board wants to strike him out sooner than later.
I wouldn't read that much into it. No club worth James' talent was prepared to pay the wages he demanded. My take is it is as simple as this.

This will end one of two ways I feel. Glass half full, Benitez gives James the opportunity to pull his finger out and he trains and play to his potential, as he is the most talented footballer we have. Glass half empty, Benitez freezes him out, James gone in January after not playing, and, Benitez can go do one as far as I'm concerned.

Didn't want Benitez here in the first place.

But, what I've seen up to now says I was wrong.

Now, I can't think who I would rather have

Go Figure!

This will end one of two ways I feel. Glass half full, Benitez gives James the opportunity to pull his finger out and he trains and play to his potential, as he is the most talented footballer we have. Glass half empty, Benitez freezes him out, James gone in January after not playing, and, Benitez can go do one as far as I'm concerned.
I would rather this option. James seems like will be our player, at least until January. Benitez, for now, is our current manager. Or bench is quite thin so hopefully they can work things out. Tbh is the best scenario for both and for the Club.

Last edited:
The FSW has got the level of player and transfer spending he deserves. Let's get this year of transition over with. Get a proper manager in next summer and spend big

I would rather this option. James seems like will be our player, at least until January. Benitez, for now, is our current manager. Or bench is quite thin so hopefully they can work things out. Tbh is the next scenario for both and for the Club.
I think it will happen, as I'm a positive person by nature (yes even on this forum!). Start him coming off the bench I say and let him build.

Benitez is fire proof.

All Everton supporters need to close ranks now. They can see this manager has been given practically nothing and they have to support him now for our PL safety. To continue a policy of opposition is a luxury we cant afford. We need ALL blues together on this. Get as near to top 10 as possible and they can go back to their hostility if they wish.
Great post @davek
I’ll admit I was one of the dissenters who was strongly opposed to his appointment. However I’d never publicly give him stick at the ground. He has been dealt a rotten hand by this board in this window. Let’s just get behind the team as best we can. I don’t think benetiz will ever have a strong affinity with the club or it’s fanbase, but that’s not to say he couldn’t make Europe in the short term with the backing of the supporters if not the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.