2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s clearly been brought in to try and get more out of the collection of expensive rabble put together by other managers.

Im sure he knew the deal when he signed and knows his remit.

Don’t feel sorry for him, he’s being very highly remunerated and is aware of the job in hand.

Hiring him makes more sense than ever now.

View attachment 137579

The bench vs Brighton. Two keepers, one missing sub and to add to that we've let one of the players there go. He mentioned after that game he was looking at 2-3 coming in before the deadline, i'm sure he'll be livid with the incompetence to get bodies in.
Who have we got to come back? Gbamin, Delph, Davies, Godfrey, mina, not that we can really rely on the first two, or maybe mina. Is that it?

Time to unite behind the fella now and drop this nonsense fantasy of some young inexperienced exotic manager coming in and leading us into Europe playing like Man City on a shoestring budget.

Back him and give him time to rebuild the squad which he hasn't been able to do this summer.

I'm far from any kind of supporter as I've mentioned previously.

But wow, absolutely shocking support for thr manager from the club this summer.

We are just 1 or 2 injuries/suspensions away from such a threadbare squad lacking quality.

Awful from the board and Brands, they should be truly embarrassed with the mess they've left him to work with.
Were you reading my mind, Mac? I was about to post exactly the same ;)

Shame on Everton’s board and Brands. It seems their plan all along has been to make Benitez the scapegoat for a bad season. While I don’t like our current coach it seems those who hire him like him even less.

Benitez needs to be some sort of magician now

OMG, when the injuries arrive in the not to distant future, dread to think!
We will do OK. Not great but OK. Thing is we cannot go too long without spending so hopefully this lack of transfer spending will put is in the picture next summer. Not an ideal scenario but punishment for previous awful windows

He's been thrown under the bus by the DOF. I didnt think he'd still be here next season, now I'm pretty certain he won't last the season. One or 2 injuries and he has absolutely nothing in this squad. I almost feel bad trying to defend him, but he's been hung out to dry.

Were you reading my mind, Mac? I was about to post exactly the same ;)

Shame on Everton’s board and Brands. It seems their plan all along has been to make Benitez the scapegoat for a bad season. While I don’t like our current coach it seems those who hire him like him even less.

Don't get me wrong Sassy, if I was on the board I wouldn't have even given him the 1.7m to Gray just to ensure he struggled even more.

But I'd be very surprised when it came to talking to Everton about the job that he would have been happy with just been given 1.7m to spend. Benitez has always been one of the biggest moaning arses going when it's come to always wanting more more more money for more more more players.

The bench this season has been an utter disgrace.

Let no one complain if when we go away to QPR in the LC he makes 9 changes again.

This club is not fit for puirpose in terms of fighting on 3 fronts this season.

This is a season of all hands to the pumps in the PL and forget the rest of the dreaming.

Don't get me wrong Sassy, if I was on the board I wouldn't have even given him the 1.7m to Gray just to ensure he struggled even more.

But I'd be very surprised when it came to talking to Everton about the job that he would have been happy with just been given 1.7m to spend. Benitez has always been one of the biggest moaning arses going when it's come to always wanting more more more money for more more more players.
Tbh I were on the board I would have never hired him.

So they lied to him? Wouldn’t that be some sort of breach of contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.