2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure he will come out with positive quotes about staying. It's whether the Manager gives him an opportunity or freezes him out.
I'm afraid we might hear more of that stuff.

It cant be tolerated in this situation. Despite the good start we are right up against it and anyone causing dissent has to be marginalised.

The player was left high and dry by Carlo. That';s the crux of it. he just doesn't work here now.

Needed more reinforcements and in particular a right back but was let down by incompetent idiots that have been letting us down for years. Its not all bad though, Joint second, unbeaten, now has a better back up striker than Moise Kean and might be able to get something out of James if he can manage and coach him well and from what i have seen from Benitez already if anyone can make things work till the next Window then it is him.

COYB's

Weird world where fans are calling for Brands head and most have pity for our ex red boss .
Rightly so .
I fully expect everyone to tell Davek he was right when he pops his head in .

benitez-384106.jpg

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?

The first move has to be from James. An apology for his social media antics might be in order.
Davek, I have watched his Twitch videos and I believe things got escalated in translation, while clueless it didn’t seem to me that his comments, or antics, were with aimed to offend the Club or the fan base.

Are you also asking an apology out of Benitez for calling us a small Club?

Davek, I have watched his Twitch videos and I believe things got escalated in translation, while clueless it didn’t seem to me that his comments, or antics, were with aimed to offend the Club or the fan base.

Bit of a difference. RB was not on the payroll when whatever comments were made whereas JR was/is

The Benitez small club comment was him responding to a derby defeat where he said Everton had played like the small clubs who had gone to Anfield that season to grind out a point.

The social media stuiff: it's easy to avoid misinterpretation: just dont comment on club matters outside the obvious celebration of a win or responding to a loss. It's that easy. Let's see if he can manage it.

I think the Goodison crowd will love him, and his performances will rise because of it. Fingers crossed it works out.
I bet he would. That’s something that lads here have forgotten, he has never played in front of Goodison crowd and are those experiences the ones that create connections to a Club but he hasn’t gotten such experience yet.

Squad depth

Keepers - Pickford, Lonergan, Begovic

Defenders - Coleman, Kenny, Keane, Holgate, Mina, Godfrey, Branthwaite, Digne

Midfielders / Wingers - Doucoure, Allan, Davies, Gomes, Delph, Rodriguez, Gbamin, Gray, Townsend, Sigurdsson, Gordon, Iwobi

Forwards - DCL, Richarlison, Rondon, Tosun

27 squad players

Unavailable atm in the long term - Sigurdsson and Tosun

Assuming Delph shoulder injury, Gbamins dental abscess, Mina’s niggle and DCL’s thigh strain are only minor and Godfrey and James are fully back after their covid issues then Benitez will have a core group of 25 players to work with this season

The first 11 and bench pretty much picks itself given what is left

Pickford
Coleman
Mina
Godfrey
Digne
Doucoure
Allan
Townsend
Richarlison
Gray
DCL

Begovic
Keane
Holgate
Gomes
Rodriguez
Gbamin
Iwobi
Rondon
Delph / Davies / Kenny

Got to feel for him even he expected 2 or 3 in before the window shut. He only got 1 been let down. Not to get a right back is just shocking. I can’t see any logic behind it. I felt like that would be the main position we would have targeted the moment the window opened. I really don’t no what Brands Is doing.

Got to feel for him even he expected 2 or 3 in before the window shut. He only got 1 been let down. Not to get a right back is just shocking. I can’t see any logic behind it. I felt like that would be the main position we would have targeted the moment the window opened. I really don’t no what Brands Is doing.
Earning a fortune to walk around in nice suits and the occasional polar neck

Status
Not open for further replies.