Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to say as much as I’m disappointed we’ve ended up with Benitez, I quite liked what I heard today in his presser.
interesting what he had to say about fitness levels and intensity etc. Appreciate its all sound bites and the proof will be in tomorrow pudding, but one thing I took from it was he wants a team that will work / fight for each other.
it’s blatantly obvious not everyone was that ar5ed last season so if he can change that and make it clear there are expected levels of commitment and fitness, that alone will be a significant improvement on last seasons malaise.

Im going to go with that. Have to. Need something to cling onto. And ive been calling out the holiday camp mentatlity at this club for years. But as you say. Time will tell. If he gets time.

Have to say as much as I’m disappointed we’ve ended up with Benitez, I quite liked what I heard today in his presser.
interesting what he had to say about fitness levels and intensity etc. Appreciate its all sound bites and the proof will be in tomorrow pudding, but one thing I took from it was he wants a team that will work / fight for each other.
it’s blatantly obvious not everyone was that ar5ed last season so if he can change that and make it clear there are expected levels of commitment and fitness, that alone will be a significant improvement on last seasons malaise.
If we’d have hired someone more attractive like Gaultier and he’d have come out with those sound bites about intensity and how ‘winning football isn’t passing the ball round 20 times in our own box or lumping it forward it’s somewhere between’ everyone would be very satisfied.

Sadly Benitez is the least desirable manager I’ve ever seen us appoint but if he has us playing winning football and giving 100% he’ll win most fans over.

If we’d have hired someone more attractive like Gaultier and he’d have come out with those sound bites about intensity and how ‘winning football isn’t passing the ball round 20 times in our own box or lumping it forward it’s somewhere between’ everyone would be very satisfied.

Sadly Benitez is the least desirable manager I’ve ever seen us appoint but if he has us playing winning football and giving 100% he’ll win most fans over.
I think that the point, in a weird way it doesnt matter if we like him or not. We have got very pally with mist of our past. Managers (certainly since Moyes) giving them their own songs etc. But if he gets us fighting (the base minimum i require fro my season ticket outlay) and winning games, then we can cheer the team. If we dont like him he is just never included in that way. I absolutely despised Catterick once he sold Bally, (nothing Benitez did or ever could do, would match that offence in my eyes) but it didn't stop me supporting the team and being elated when they won. The main issue (as so many have posted previously) is that get gets zero slack from the crowd, the very first defeat and it will kick off. If we lost the first derby, the atmosphere will be so toxic i can barely imagine it.

Feel sorry for the lads who have decided that Everton isn't their club anymore because of the managerial appointment.

Seriously, what are you going to do with yourselves? Adopt a non-league team? Choose a PL team to identify with? Join an amateur dramatic society?

Look, stop acting daft and get behind this football club. It's a new season and we are all Everton supporters at the end of the day.

Thoughts?

Feel sorry for the lads who have decided that Everton isn't their club anymore because of the managerial appointment.

Seriously, what are you going to do with yourselves? Adopt a non-league team? Choose a PL team to identify with? Join an amateur dramatic society?

Look, stop acting daft and get behind this football club. It's a new season and we are all Everton supporters at the end of the day.

Thoughts?
Agree with @davek shocker!

Thoughts?
My soul is not that cheaply bought

Allardyce still takes the least desirable manager for me, at least Benitez has pedigree.

Thoughts?
This, I know lots of it will be wumming on here but we are a mess of a club and dont need the fans piling on the problems, it's a tough enough job as it is. As far as honours go he is the second best manager we have ever appointed, get behind him.

Thoughts?
Does that extend to supporting Brands?

Status
Not open for further replies.