Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 players? What are the bets they are:

James
Kean
Siggurdson
Delph - because missing games is what he does
Gbamin - just because it would be absolutely typical for him to miss another opportunity to play through bad luck

PC was fine imo.

New season and fresh start. We had the mighty Carlo in charge this time last season who ended up being not mighty at all and we were absolutely pitiful for at least half of that season so lets just see how this one pans out and hope that its better.

COYB's!

Im not looking too much into the first 3 fixtures - not expecting much with 5 players out for Saints & no RB, RW or CM signing for the following two.

Come September I just hope we get 1-2 more through the door of a decent quality as think we'll suprise a few of the naysayers this season.

COYB @Lob ON

Reactions: Lob
Im not looking too much into the first 3 fixtures - not expecting much with 5 players out for Saints & no RB, RW or CM signing for the following two.

Come September I just hope we get 1-2 more through the door of a decent quality as think we'll suprise a few of the naysayers this season.

COYB @Lob ON
65972471.jpg

The manager is who he is.

He sees Rodriguez as a defensive liability & distraction. Kean IS a distraction. He has never had any tolerance for players who detract from squad unity. The team is everything. Organisation first. Flair second if/when possible. The Board knew all this when appointing him.

We can argue about his assessment of James but we cannot really criticise the bloke in charge for being true to his career-long ethos. Those who appointed him? Yes, maybe they deserve the heat more.

He sees Rodriguez as a defensive liability & distraction. Kean IS a distraction. He has never had any tolerance for players who detract from squad unity. The team is everything. Organisation first. Flair second if/when possible. The Board knew all this when appointing him.

We can argue about his assessment of James but we cannot really criticise the bloke in charge for being true to his career-long ethos. Those who appointed him? Yes, maybe they deserve the heat more.
It's an assessment most on here came to last season. Benitez is just acknowledging that and acting on it.

Very much negativity here. Come on, it's a new season, new opportunities. Rafael is nobody's favorite manager, but we must at least give him a fair opportunity. We also have no other choice.

I like to look at it as we have a squad that has underperformed over several years, and played football without any kind of intention and passion. The football we played under Ancelotti was pretty much awful to watch, not only aesthetically, but it was completely devoid of energy and aggression. Many of the players have also been written off by supporters and "experts". I like to think they have something to prove.

Rafael is a manager who is very clear on how he wants his teams to play, and how the players will perform their roles. He also makes clear demands, and the players must be in very good physical shape. I like to think that this is a good combination. A team and players who have been a bit confused, who have underperformed and who have something to prove, and a manager who is very clear on what he expects.

I therefore like to think that we will be a team that is difficult to beat, a team with intensity, aggression and that has character. This is what characterized us under Moyes, but which over time has been pulverized. But this at least gives us a solid base to work with, and that we can develop the team further. At least those are the expectations I have ahead of this season. Of course, I will most likely be disappointed, but such is life as an Everton supporter.

COYB @Lob ON
Get your excuses in early

Absolutely Mind blowing effort by these fellas . Benitez could take a whizz on the crest and we’d have 15 paragraphs about how he’s actually washing away the stains of previous regimes .

no problem with people backing the manager , good on them but the way some are prepared to die in a ditch for this bloke whatever the circumstances I can’t process it.

before I’m pilloried for ‘hating him’ , which I don’t or wanting him to fail which I don’t . I’ll say I tried to find a positive in the James situation without me agreeing with and agreed I can understand it it’s part of a rebuilding process . I also want a strong victory 2-0 , I find it hard seeing the fella on our touchline but I hope he starts off with a comfortable win and I can happily have a few beers with a smile on my face .

I think that’s pretty fair as he is and will always be who he is and has stuck to his decades old ideals . The bloke is definitely backing himself , I’m amazed any competent manager couldn’t find a place in the squad for James but there you go .

Absolutely Mind blowing effort by these fellas . Benitez could take a whizz on the crest and we’d have 15 paragraphs about how he’s actually washing away the stains of previous regimes .

no problem with people backing the manager , good on them but the way some are prepared to die in a ditch for this bloke whatever the circumstances I can’t process it.

before I’m pilloried for ‘hating him’ , which I don’t or wanting him to fail which I don’t . I’ll say I tried to find a positive in the James situation without me agreeing with and agreed I can understand it it’s part of a rebuilding process . I also want a strong victory 2-0 , I find it hard seeing the fella on our touchline but I hope he starts off with a comfortable win and I can happily have a few beers with a smile on my face .

You've been on the managers back all summer mate! lol

Here's a revolutionary idea - maybe judge him on the season's performances instead of attacking the rest of us for having a bit of patience and understanding of the clubs dire situation at present?

Status
Not open for further replies.