Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just heard S Gerrard being interviewed on ESPN and he said he wasn't surprised that he went to Everton because he wasn't born
in the city,
never played against them and wasn't a Red through and through. He went on to say that he wanted to get back into the
Premier League at a big club.
He wasn't born in the city either. He was born in Whiston. The utter 'kin wool.

Absolute nonsense that he has no affection for the RS - the scene of his greatest triumph - his name still sung on the kop by the fans.

No affection? Don’t make me laugh.
Not enough affection though to take the Everton job. Was just a job like this one is. Liverpool fans love him for what he acheived but doesn't mean Benitez loves Liverpool. It was just an association albeit successful

All this support him cos hes Everton manager is bollocks.

I can still support Everton whilst hoping and praying that the fat kopite gets sacked ASAP.

I support Everton Football Club, not its players, manager, owner or DoF.
Do what you like..........up to you but I also do not want it rammed down my throat that those who will accept him and wish him well because he is manager of our club are wrong in thinking that. Each to there own ;)

Absolute nonsense that he has no affection for the RS - the scene of his greatest triumph - his name still sung on the kop by the fans.

No affection? Don’t make me laugh.

Massive difference between affection and being a Kopite.

I have affection for a few clubs, for various reasons, but would not even be close to being classed as a [insert nickname here].

I would also add that he probably does have affection for the job where he won a few trophies, it just happens to be our neighbours. That is how I see it, a guy who, rightly, will look on his time managing them lot with fondness but now, after a few jobs in between, is 100% wanting to manage us and improve us.

Whether he will or not, is another matter. I personally hope so but am not going to make predictions that he definitely will. I would say at the moment, signings, etc. has been underwhelming but time will tell.

Also, so what if they still sing his name (I doubt they will now), there are many that have tattoos of him and to be honest that is pretty funny. Some of their fans will still look to a manager that won things with them, that is not a stick to beat him with.

Fingers crossed that we can maybe look to him the same or similar way, maybe all the people calling him names and using his association with them should look at it another way. If he does succeed here, just how annoyed will they be. The toys that will be thrown out of the pram would be glorious. So let us all be positive and think about how much they will act like pathetic entitled children if we can actually start to improve under Benitez.

All this support him cos hes Everton manager is bollocks.

I can still support Everton whilst hoping and praying that the fat kopite gets sacked ASAP.

I support Everton Football Club, not its players, manager, owner or DoF.

Is that sentence not a contradictory one. If he gets sacked then we are doing badly so you want us to do well but in a bizarre turn of events he gets sacked?

Surely one will not follow the other, so what is it. Do you want us to bad so he gets sacked or do you want us to do well so he stays. I suppose there is a middle ground that he really starts off bad and we are right in trouble from the off, he gets sacked and then we get lucky that we get somebody who can turn it around. That is a dangerous thing to wish for though?

I don't support individuals either but by proxy if they don't do well then the club is not doing well, especially at manager level. I support the club, he just happens to be manager of that club.

Didn't take offence just thought it was quite childish.....................he is not a kopite and never was or he wouldn't be here. That is my take on it.

Exactly this, I mean it is not a completely out there conclusion to take, is it.

Is that sentence not a contradictory one. If he gets sacked then we are doing badly so you want us to do well but in a bizarre turn of events he gets sacked?

Surely one will not follow the other, so what is it. Do you want us to bad so he gets sacked or do you want us to do well so he stays. I suppose there is a middle ground that he really starts off bad and we are right in trouble from the off, he gets sacked and then we get lucky that we get somebody who can turn it around. That is a dangerous thing to wish for though?

I don't support individuals either but by proxy if they don't do well then the club is not doing well, especially at manager level. I support the club, he just happens to be manager of that club.
Its quite clear mate, I said I want Everton to do well, which means the fat kopite piggy gets sacked ASAP.

Its quite clear mate, I said I want Everton to do well, which means the fat kopite piggy gets sacked ASAP.

Yes, but the only way he gets sacked is by Everton doing bad. I mean he isn't just going to get sacked for pre-season results. I guess we may be talking about wording as he might leave due to false promises, etc. or there may be a bust up between him and Moshiri but let us be realistic the only way he is leaving is if Everton do poorly on the pitch.

Yes, but the only way he gets sacked is by Everton doing bad. I mean he isn't just going to get sacked for pre-season results. I guess we may be talking about wording as he might leave due to false promises, etc. or there may be a bust up between him and Moshiri but let us be realistic the only way he is leaving is if Everton do poorly on the pitch.
Thats something im willing to accept, for the greater good.

Ive spent my life willing Everton to succeed, it hasnt worked for the last 26 years, its time for a new plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.