Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
My experience is a general lethargy on the issue. The squeakiest wheel gets the grease as they say, and the most opinionated are vocal and hate the idea; but they dont, I feel, speak for everyone.

If he fails (Benitez) no one will be bothered, but no one is that animated about it. That's the consensus as I get it with those I speak to.
Nobody will be bothered if he fails , I mean that seems an odd stance for blues to take . I will say if you don’t know a single blue who is animated about this then you’ve definitely done well , I might Even be a little jealous lol

I understand your squeakiest wheel comment on the internet but mates taking is different isn’t it ? It’s general conversation when you get a better picture of where someone is , over a period rather than in quickly typed messages .

like I say maybe the group of people I know are in no way reflective of the Everton fanbase as a whole or even the match going fanbase . It’s certainly the impression I have at the minute but if your experiences are vastly different perhaps we or they are an anomaly.

This Benitez bloke is inheriting a squad honed by the great Barney Ancelotti. He has come to a giant club; a club which has single handedly pushed the wages of trophy bearing cabinet-makers into the stratosphere. He comes to club where excellence, and steeled-fortitude is a given. Every single player in the current Everton squad is a determined, never-say-die match winner.
He is so lucky to have been gifted an appointment as prestigious as 'Manager of NSNO'...he is the envy of the footballing world

NSNO

Rafael will be pragmatic and look at what we did well last season. We played best with the 5 at the back , being good defensively and playing on the counter. If you watch his clips on Sky sports last year you see him talking about the results, you only have to win 1-0 etc. Really hope our fanbase at Goodison understand this and accept that we are not going to be playing attractive , attacking football next season and start moaning and groaning in the stands . Have to be realistic , if we had played the same way at home as we did away last season we would have made Europe.

Rafael will be pragmatic and look at what we did well last season. We played best with the 5 at the back , being good defensively and playing on the counter. If you watch his clips on Sky sports last year you see him talking about the results, you only have to win 1-0 etc. Really hope our fanbase at Goodison understand this and accept that we are not going to be playing attractive , attacking football next season and start moaning and groaning in the stands . Have to be realistic , if we had played the same way at home as we did away last season we would have made Europe.

I don't think anyone is expecting anything other than pragmantic defensive football.

I don't think anyone is expecting anything other than pragmantic defensive football.
I think a small number might be thinking/hoping he will give them such a kick up the backside they will be shocked into better effort or replaced and that we will play fast, counter-attacking footy. Just an impression I get, could easily be wrong and I’m not tracking the debate so closely to quote anyone.

I think a small number might be thinking/hoping he will give them such a kick up the backside they will be shocked into better effort or replaced and that we will play fast, counter-attacking footy. Just an impression I get, could easily be wrong and I’m not tracking the debate so closely to quote anyone.

More effort, yes without a doubt. But thats not exactly free flowing excellent football.

Think we all just want some pride and fight in the team.....for me.the results will come once that becomes more of the norm, through-out the team.

Fine line, and last seaosn we was 1 / 2 wins away from 5th place.

More effort, yes without a doubt. But thats not exactly free flowing excellent football.

Think we all just want some pride and fight in the team.....for me.the results will come once that becomes more of the norm, through-out the team.

Yet we read people talk about him getting bonuses for avoiding relegation of overachieving by finishing 11th .

I truly don’t know what to expect this season , I’m hoping for improvement nothing dramatic in all fairness but I’d be satisfied (ish) with an improvement on last year and a challenge for Europe . We can dream of champions league and trophies , I do every year but a long term project is what’s needed the issue is whether this bloke is in any was equipped to deliver it and I don’t just mean in terms of his managerial talents .

Yeah, I know what you mean with that distinction between effort and the actual style of play.
Just got the sense some posters were quite hopeful/positive he would have a bit more attacking going on than I personally, and I think you, expect.
I am expecting a rather defensive set-up most games but hope somehow to be wrong on that point.

Yeah, I know what you mean with that distinction between effort and the actual style of play.
Just got the sense some posters were quite hopeful/positive he would have a bit more attacking going on than I personally, and I think you, expect.
I am expecting a rather defensive set-up most games but hope somehow to be wrong on that point.

I actually dont mind a defensive style, just aslong as it actualy works and we concede less than those around us.

Every good team needs to defend well, attacking is hard, I dont want us to go gung-ho, like Leeds, but we do need to find a way to score more.

That balance looks bloody hard to get right, and if we are not winning games, lets not lose them. Lots of fans wont like that, but thats the game.

Well i have another theory on that, maybe the actual real Evertonians, are the ones objecting to the kopites appointment. Being a pro Benitez cheerleader and a real Evertonian, just doesn't compute or register with me on any level. For me the two philosophies and outlooks just aren't compatible at all. But i suspect that you are more kopite, than you are an Evertonian!

them real evertonians must hate Dave Hickson and Kevin Sheedy then…

If we’re successful I honestly couldn’t care who manages us , the problems occur if the experiment fails with this bloke in charge .
That’s the same with any Everton manager no?
some of the reaction I’ve seen is embarrassing. One fella told me he wouldn’t renew his season ticket if he got the job. Guess what, he did. Surprise surprise. People need to get over themselves and support the team

You really havent got a clue have you.

Clown
Are you calling me a clown or signing off as a clown?

Seeing as you’re a grown man who’s changed his forum bio to be anti the current Everton manager, I can only imagine it’s the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.