Rafael and the small club comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
How am I “lumping him in” with them? He wasn’t good enough for Real Madrid, you made the implication that he was good enough just because they employed him.

I didn’t make the implication that he was good enough just because they employed him, have a look at the rest of the post instead of just picking a tiny bit of it out

A manager that has won trophies at Valencia, Liverpool, Napoli, Inter and Chelsea, was good enough to manage Real but not Everton!!!

How are you ‘lumping him in’?Here’s how..........

Claiming he was good enough to manage Real is claiming Hodgson was good enough to manage Liverpool, Moyes good enough to manage United, Silva good enough to manage Everton, the list goes on and on and on.

Show me where I used the word successful. I didnt you melt .
If Rafael was so great his last 3 jobs were sacked by real after 6 months , Newcastle and in china . Seems like chairmen of clubs think he is no longer great.
Ok, so you used the words "Great manager", that's basically the same.
As someone said earlier (best post of the day): I have no problems with people not wanting Benitez, but to base in on him not being good enough is just laughable. Just as laughable is the though of us suddenly being able to attract managers like Poch and Simeone. Our last managers have come from Preston, Wigan, Southampton and Watford.

Rafael Benitez may not be the greatest manager in the world, but to be realistic, he 's the best we can get.

I didn’t make the implication that he was good enough just because they employed him, have a look at the rest of the post instead of just picking a tiny bit of it out

How are you ‘lumping him in’?Here’s how..........

So the comparison is that he wasn’t good enough to manage Real Madrid, in the same way that those managers weren’t good enough to manage their respective clubs? Which is correct...

As someone said earlier (best post of the day): I have no problems with people not wanting Benitez, but to base in on him not being good enough is just laughable. Just as laughable is the though of us suddenly being able to attract managers like Poch and Simeone. Our last managers have come from Preston, Wigan, Southampton and Watford.

Rafael Benitez may not be the greatest manager in the world, but to be realistic, he 's the best we can get.
One thing... I mean I disagree with a lot of what you’ve just said, but on the very last part...

we can get him... says who?

So the comparison is that he wasn’t good enough to manage Real Madrid, in the same way that those managers weren’t good enough to manage their respective clubs? Which is correct...
You‘re being silly now, Benitez, when he went to Madrid, had a CV worthy of managing at the highest level. Hodgson, Moyes and Silva didn’t just have a CV not worthy, they didnt really have one!

No. No he is not.
I said a manager who has the potential to be top class in the future.
I would not appoint benitez because his best work as a manager was well over 10 years ago. His football belongs back then.
And no matter how much you go on about how great he is you will not change my mind . And I am not alone in my views.

Footy is all about myth and emotion hence the comparison with religion the normal rules of analysis, forgiveness and rationale just don't apply. He enjoyed putting the boot into our church so his only chance of acceptance would be to be filmed kneeling before the Dixie statue praying for forgiveness, chanting kopites are gobshtes and promising to piss on Klopp's seat at anfield.

It would certainly be a start and might hide how overrated he is for a few weeks

His lack of success? May I ask you who you would have that has been more successful? And realistic
I’m not saying he hasn’t had success, he’s had a bit. But In my opinion he’s been very lucky to have that success and it’s not like he’s dripping in silver ware is it? I’m not saying I wouldn’t have him but the thing of him being majorly successful is a bit wide of the mark for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.