Rafael and the small club comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
A manager that has won trophies at Valencia, Liverpool, Napoli, Inter and Chelsea, was good enough to manage Real but not Everton!!!

So suddenly Rafael is a great manager after all?
Poch will never consider Everton, and what makes Marcellino and Arteta better options than Rafael?
Laurent Blanc I can agree with.
No Rafael is not a great manager now ... if he was he would not have left Newcastle to go china .
His best spell in management was over 10 years ago. I do not think he is anywhere near that level now . Time moves on.
So I would rather try get some one who maybe a great manager now and in the future.

So people are saying they won’t have Rafael because of his “small club” comment a long time ago.
Let me ask you this, when did this club last actually act like the big club it is?
Martinez- Relegated
Koeman - won nowt came from Southampton
Allardyce- need I say more
Silva- relegated

build a new stadium that’s 2 small

I agree mate

I have no problem with people not wanting Benitez because of his connection with our neighbours but for goodness sake don't try to make it on the grounds of him not being good enough or successful enough.

Hes not.

He might have been a good manager, but his tactics are stale and hes shown he cant do nothing unless hes throwing money at teams.

His 3 years at Newcastle highlight all of this.

I have no problem with people not wanting Benitez because of his connection with our neighbours but for goodness sake don't try to make it on the grounds of him not being good enough or successful enough.
10 years ago he was . Not recently. Since 2010 he won an italian cup and the europa league with a side that won the previous years champions league

Hes not.

He might have been a good manager, but his tactics are stale and hes shown he cant do nothing unless hes throwing money at teams.

His 3 years at Newcastle highlight all of this.
For me his time at Newcastle was always distracted by the whole Mike Ashley thing (wouldn't back him & their relationship deteriorated) and I know a lot of Newcastle fans were extremely pissed off when he was sacked - saw it as potentially a big opportunity gone to waste.

For me his time at Newcastle was always distracted by the whole Mike Ashley thing (wouldn't back him & their relationship deteriorated) and I know a lot of Newcastle fans were extremely pissed off when he was sacked.

But he did nothing there, if hes such a good manager he should surely be getting them higher than 13th?

Status
Not open for further replies.