Racism at the match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is , Ive heard racism at the match . More away games , being honest . Even then its usually isolated . A particular group of lads . A mini bus party , whatever . Usually , your-drug-dealer types , in my experience . At Goodison its definately improved beyond measure ., if only because any racist worth his salt could only cheer for Tony , tony , tony , tony , tony , tony tony hibbo , Jags , Dan Gosso , Neville , Moyesey and ( Hangina ) Round . Oh , and Kenwright .
Wheres the fun in that ???

OK, quick contribution. Its much better nowadays. You hear more homophobic chants towards linesmen and refs, or should I say I always seem to find a seat behind some loud mouth older person whose voice would beat the Everton announcing sytem.

Best racist story; Everton fans chanting down a small section of racist Everton fans telling them "You're not Everton". Made up for that.

Funniest: Fan two seats away from me berating Superkev who was having a **** of a game. Used the N word once too often and I was ready to wollop him. I give him daggers because I was reallyl pissed off. Turns round to me and apologieses!!!

Thought to myself, why are you apologising to me, I'm not SuperKev's cousin.

You heard it here first and I will continue to say it. Everton are not a racist club.

OK, quick contribution. Its much better nowadays. You hear more homophobic chants towards linesmen and refs, or should I say I always seem to find a seat behind some loud mouth older person whose voice would beat the Everton announcing sytem.

Best racist story; Everton fans chanting down a small section of racist Everton fans telling them "You're not Everton". Made up for that.

Funniest: Fan two seats away from me berating Superkev who was having a **** of a game. Used the N word once too often and I was ready to wollop him. I give him daggers because I was reallyl pissed off. Turns round to me and apologieses!!!

Thought to myself, why are you apologising to me, I'm not SuperKev's cousin.

You heard it here first and I will continue to say it. Everton are not a racist club.

Agreed. Back in the '80s, there were sections of the support that used to be absurd about black players. TBH, I think 90% of those people were actually just following a few bigots, but it didn't sound nice, and made us look very bad as a club.

I don't get to the match much these days, just a couple of games a season. However, the atmosphere is so much better. I can't remember the last time I heard any type of racial utterance.

Living in Denmark, I can tell you that visiting Goodison these days is like going to a liberal's love-in in comparison. The language is rough, but it's respectful to other cultures. Perhaps we've still got a few nutters, but so has every club. I doubt there are more racists that follow Everton, than exist in society as a whole. I think we should be proud of the Everton that has grown from the ashes.

End of sermon. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.