question to the absent

Status
Not open for further replies.
What year was that mate ?

A 3rd place play off for the fa cup, wierd.

Stoke lost to Arsenal in one semi final and we lost to the RS in the other.

The idea was for the losers to play off in London the night before the Cup Final, as a curtain raiser so to speak.

This was the first and probably last year they ever had it :blush:

Anyway...we were visiting relatives down that London for the weekend and my dad and me went the game.

Crystal Palace ground, from memory.

About 2000 people there :Blink:

It was embarrassing......and we lost into the bargain :rant:

And if things had worked out differently we would have been playing Arsenal ar Wembley the next day then on for a date with Ajax in the European Cup Final :)

How Everton is that?

I had a ticket through the auto cup, my bus home from work goes past Goodison. I still didn’t go.

Maybe sometimes drastic measures, such as fans en masse not going to a game, is what’s needed to get across the point that something has to change.

Plus it was cold.

I don't get the point trying to be made here?

If people pay for their ticket then it's the same money for Everton, so why does it matter if they turn up or not?

Talking of which, does our attendance reflect tickets sold, or number of people who turn up?

people don't believe you can get tickets for Premier League football for £20, then I show them Everton on stubhub, you can get them cheaper than that! I can't sell mine for next week... when I'm on holiday btw this is such a bad slippery slope we're on, fans holding a stay away protest won't achieve anything.

Stoke lost to Arsenal in one semi final and we lost to the RS in the other.

The idea was for the losers to play off in London the night before the Cup Final, as a curtain raiser so to speak.

This was the first and probably last year they ever had it :blush:

FA Cup third-fourth place matches

Season Date Winner Loser Score Venue Attendance
1969–70 FA Cup 10 April 1970 Manchester United Watford 2–0 Highbury 15,105
1970–71 FA Cup 7 May 1971 Stoke City Everton 3–2 Selhurst Park 5,031
1971–72 FA Cup 5 August 1972 Birmingham City Stoke City 0–0 (4–3 pens) St Andrew's 25,841
1972–73 FA Cup 18 August 1973 Wolverhampton Wanderers Arsenal 3–1 Highbury 21,038
1973–74 FA Cup 9 May 1974 Burnley Leicester City 1–0 Filbert Street 6,458

I went and stayed until the end - it was [Poor language removed] and and it was cold but it was Everton.

It like having a flea-bitten mongrel with only one ear and a leg missing - it's still your flea-bitten mongrel, you'll still feed and pat it on the head.

people don't believe you can get tickets for Premier League football for £20, then I show them Everton on stubhub, you can get them cheaper than that! I can't sell mine for next week... when I'm on holiday btw this is such a bad slippery slope we're on, fans holding a stay away protest won't achieve anything.
What do you expect when the performances are this poor?

There is a vocal minority who seem to think that the fans are not allowed to criticise bad performances in the traditional manner (booing), and they're bonkers. But to demand that people turn up to support players who aren't trying? Blimey. You've gone waaaaaay past bonkers there.

Status
Not open for further replies.