question to the absent

Status
Not open for further replies.
As if supporters make any difference to what happens on the pitch. Goodison is silent even when it’s full.

Fans are better off missing the game because it may actually encourage the board to make real changes.

to anyone living locally who bought a ticket and didn't bother going last night:

You proved there is a point when you'd not bother last night so at would other points would you no longer go? Relegation? Bottom half of Championship finish? Screen Sport Super Cup? Fa Cup losing semi finalists play off?
Next time the Ashes are on all night and I've only had 3hrs kip in the previous 24 due to work and cricket, we're beyond gash with no sign of improving nor caring, I've been in work all day with another Ashes all nighters ahead, then I've gotta squeeze a quick 4hrs in before MORE Ashes tonight, then I'll probably swerve them again.

Until then I'll just keep on keeping on. I'm an Evertonian. It's what I do.

to anyone living locally who bought a ticket and didn't bother going last night:

You proved there is a point when you'd not bother last night so at would other points would you no longer go? Relegation? Bottom half of Championship finish? Screen Sport Super Cup? Fa Cup losing semi finalists play off?
Been going with a season ticket since 1973,Simod cup(Millwall 3703!!Screen Sport Super Cup,Full Members Cup,oh yes I've done my stint)and honestly you can count the fixtures I have have missed literally on one hand(Sadly I can name them!!)I'm not trying the "better blue laaaaaa" stuff either it's just a fact, last night my ticket as usual was reserved through the Autocup scheme, whilst not exactly bouncing at the thought of it yesterday I still thought I'd go,driving back from work last night it hit me I didn't actually want to go to the game, first time this has happened in my life, the other games in my life I have missed it has only been due to illness or family commitments,sadly like I say last night I just didn't have the heart for it, watched it on TV and still suffered with pangs for Goodison,but without trying to be melodramatic, part of my(and your)Everton died in me last night:(

Next time the Ashes are on all night and I've only had 3hrs kip in the previous 24 due to work and cricket, we're beyond gash with no sign of improving nor caring, I've been in work all day with another Ashes all nighters ahead, then I've gotta squeeze a quick 4hrs in before MORE Ashes tonight, then I'll probably swerve them again.

Until then I'll just keep on keeping on. I'm an Evertonian. It's what I do.
When people are choosing to watch cricket instead of Everton, you know there's a problem. A very big problem.

I went to the (1991 I think) Zenit Data Systems cup final v Palace so no - I'm a sucker for all things Everton punishment!
It's the lows that make the all to infrequent highs so special.

Proper confused now. They're playing in Australia, yes? I presumed that it being test cricket, they would play during the day over there - ergo, the night here.
It's OK. I confused myself when I read it back. Probably sleep deprivation. If only Everton were playing...

I was there last night but left at 86 minutes after the third goal went in. The first time I've left a game early since I missed a very young Wayne Rooney's famous goal against Arsenal (no, not this season).
Anyone has the right to stay away, boo or leave early, and I must say that the swathe of empty seats last night was a very eloquent statement of our fans' view of the shambolic state of the club.

As if supporters make any difference to what happens on the pitch. Goodison is silent even when it’s full.

Fans are better off missing the game because it may actually encourage the board to make real changes.

Wasn't silent last night mate, them thar Johnny Foreigners never shut up.

On a serious note, credit the Atalanta fans who made the trip, they boosted the dismal attendance figure and gave their team fantastic vocal support throughout the game and afterwards too. And they were loud, very loud.

And their team staying out to celebrate with those in the Main Stand as well as the Bullens Road gave me time to submit the match report from my seat as the stewards couldn't ask us to leave while leaving others in situ ;););)

I was there last night but left at 86 minutes after the third goal went in. The first time I've left a game early since I missed a very young Wayne Rooney's famous goal against Arsenal (no, not this season).
Anyone has the right to stay away, boo or leave early, and I must say that the swathe of empty seats last night was a very eloquent statement of our fans' view of the shambolic state of the club.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.