question to the absent

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanbuzz

Player Valuation: £750k
to anyone living locally who bought a ticket and didn't bother going last night:

You proved there is a point when you'd not bother last night so at would other points would you no longer go? Relegation? Bottom half of Championship finish? Screen Sport Super Cup? Fa Cup losing semi finalists play off?

..I salute those who went. I simply couldn’t, even with freebies.

It was funny in the end.

There was hardly anybody sat near me but we all just sat laughing during that late collapse.

Gallows humour has long been the friend of Evertonians :)

Luckily enough I was sitting quite near the away fans and they were generating a bit of atmosphere.....otherwise it would have been taking a stroll through Allerton Cemetery :(

to anyone living locally who bought a ticket and didn't bother going last night:

You proved there is a point when you'd not bother last night so at would other points would you no longer go? Relegation? Bottom half of Championship finish? Screen Sport Super Cup? Fa Cup losing semi finalists play off?

I went to that cup semi finalist losers match lol

Against Stoke City.

We even lost that blooming game :rant:

I love how the team being turbogash is the fault of the fans.

Going to watch a football game is an expensive pastime. It’s essentially a glorified friendly. Even if you get your auto ticket why bother shelling out more money to watch a team going through the motions?

I don't think anyone is 'blaming' the fans for our poor form,... Personally I'd prefer seeing the stadium half empty than full of fans screaming abuse at the players - when a team is low on confidence, it's hardly going to help if their home matches either have an atmosphere like a cemetery or an execution.

Not sure if any of ye have read "The Secret Footballer" but in the most recent one there's a great bit where they talk about the instructions that essentially every manager they played under gave for playing away to West Ham. That advice was, "just frustrate them for 15 minutes - the fans will get on the home teams back and we'll have them from there" - makes the point that West Hams fans have cost them so many points in the prem era due to their hostility if it feels like things aren't going their way.

The crowd at Goodison was always hostile toward the opposition but there's definitely been an increase in the hostility toward our own players in the last decade (probably due to changing expectations). There were plenty of ultra negative performances under Moyes where we never looked like we were trying to score that didn't receive anywhere near the same vitriol as some of Martinez and Koemans games.

When I can’t be bothered.....you a super fan ???

I unashamedly had bought a ticket through the autocup scheme and didn't go

The game was of zero consequence and, having already shelled out for flights and hotel to Cyprus, I feel no guilt whatsoever

It may as well have been a friendly last night, there was no reward for a victory nor any consequence to losing, that's where I drew the line

Also, I'm pleased that so many people did the same thing as it may serve to illustrate to the people in the corridors of power that we are displeased

Status
Not open for further replies.